cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to block all internal and external dialing on a 7941G

dkearsley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to receive calls only on one phone which is a 7941G with an assigned extension. The phone will not have an outside direct number and I only want transferred calls coming in to it. Is there a way I can disable any outbound calling, including extensions listed in our directory?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can do the following:

1. Create a new partition "Block_all_outbound_calls"

2. Create a new CSS "Block_all_outbound_calls"

3. Create a translation pattern "!" (this matches any dialed digits), choose Route Option > "Block this pattern" and check the box "Urgent Priority"

4. Assign the new CSS to the device and the line. 

View solution in original post

Why go the long way to achieve this? If the device and line where not to have any CSS set it would not be able to make any calls. At least if there would not be anything setup in the “none” partition, but that’s not best practice anyway, so it should not be a very common scenario.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can do the following:

1. Create a new partition "Block_all_outbound_calls"

2. Create a new CSS "Block_all_outbound_calls"

3. Create a translation pattern "!" (this matches any dialed digits), choose Route Option > "Block this pattern" and check the box "Urgent Priority"

4. Assign the new CSS to the device and the line. 

Worked perfectly, thank you.

Why go the long way to achieve this? If the device and line where not to have any CSS set it would not be able to make any calls. At least if there would not be anything setup in the “none” partition, but that’s not best practice anyway, so it should not be a very common scenario.

Response Signature

Thank you, Roger that worked very well.