cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to extract userid and Line 1 information from CUCM

mdrudholm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to automate the extraction of userid, phone number, and device name using AXL.  The query I have returns all lines associated with a device and I need only the information associated with the phones' Line 1 (since that's the user's personal number in all cases).  The query I'm using is this:

select enduser.userid, numplan.dnorpattern, e164Mask, device.name from enduser inner join enduserdevicemap on enduser.pkid=enduserdevicemap.fkenduser inner join device on enduserdevicemap.fkdevice=device.pkid inner join devicenumplanmap on device.pkid=devicenumplanmap.fkdevice inner join numplan on devicenumplanmap.fknumplan=numplan.pkid

I either need the query to return only Line 1, or to return the line number information so my script can just pull out the Line 1 data.  I've tried using the "FIRST 1" syntax mentioned in the AXL cookbook but that just limits the output to the device's first entry in the table, not the actual Line 1 button.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You just need to specify numplanindex =1 in the devicenumplanmap table.

run sql select enduser.userid, numplan.dnorpattern, e164Mask, device.name from enduser inner join enduserdevicemap on enduser.pkid=enduserdevicemap.fkenduser inner join device on enduserdevicemap.fkdevice=device.pkid inner join devicenumplanmap on device.pkid=devicenumplanmap.fkdevice inner join numplan on devicenumplanmap.fknumplan=numplan.pkid  where devicenumplanmap.numplanindex = 1 and enduser.userid = 'gbcaxh06' group by userid,name,dnorpattern,e164mask

I've also added a group-by clause, as multiple links between user and dev (e.g. for CTI Controlled and EM device profiles) causes some duplication of results.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You just need to specify numplanindex =1 in the devicenumplanmap table.

run sql select enduser.userid, numplan.dnorpattern, e164Mask, device.name from enduser inner join enduserdevicemap on enduser.pkid=enduserdevicemap.fkenduser inner join device on enduserdevicemap.fkdevice=device.pkid inner join devicenumplanmap on device.pkid=devicenumplanmap.fkdevice inner join numplan on devicenumplanmap.fknumplan=numplan.pkid  where devicenumplanmap.numplanindex = 1 and enduser.userid = 'gbcaxh06' group by userid,name,dnorpattern,e164mask

I've also added a group-by clause, as multiple links between user and dev (e.g. for CTI Controlled and EM device profiles) causes some duplication of results.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That appears to work.  I just had to remove the "and enduser.userid = 'gbcaxh06'".  I assume that was just residue from your testing and I want all records anyway.

Thank you.

It turns out that the Area Code information isn't reliably stored in the e164mask, which means I have to figure it the Area Code based on the line's Calling Search Space, but I don't see CSS in either the devicenumplanmap or numplan columns.  How would I include Line CSS in the select?

Hi

There'll be an fk_xxx field in the device table that refers to callingsearchspace table for the dev-level CSS.

Also one in numplan (well, several, but one for calling, and lots for CFA/CFNB/Subscribe etc) also prefixed fk_ for the line level CSS.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll look later when I'm near a CM.

Aaron

Well, it turns out the only reliable place to retrive the full DN is in the e164 "Alternate Number" field, however, I can't seem to find it in the tables I've been querying.