cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New 7841 phones don't register on network

khupchick
Level 1
Level 1

Usually we plug in a new phone and it goes through the process of registering.  We purchased a batch of new phones that just sit at an old date and time when connected.  I have looked in the Network settings and changed from static to DHCP and the phone has picked up the proper VLAN and gateway and states it has an IP address.   I configured the phone with a number in CUCM but when you bring up the number it is not registered. 

Thank you,

KH

17 Replies 17

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@khupchick : what firmware you are using on the phones ?

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@khupchick : Phones with 11.0.0MPP firmware are multi-platform phones. These will not work with CUCM

Thank you, Where do I check for firmware on the phone that will not register?

So confirmed the phone has the 11.0.0MPP firmware.  Is there a way to change it so that I can use these phones?

Go to upgrade.cisco.com and you'll find all the details, thoroughly read the documentation, requirements and procedure before proceeding.

Depending on your licenses and support contracts with Cisco, there might be applicable fees (how to order the necessary licenses is explained in the documentation)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you!

If they are new phones, you should try in first place discussing with the vendor swapping the MPP devices for devices with Enterprise FW meant for Cisco call control.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you, I will look into that.

Since these are new phones, contact the partner who supplied these phone and request them to get it replaced with the Enterprise version. 

Response Signature

TY, I will try to do that.

@khupchick : You will have to get them exchanged or another option to look through is converting from MPP to Enterprise on https://upgrade.cisco.com/

UGH! Thank you for your help!

Does the phones show proper TFTP address. what does the phone status message says. From your initial post I assume you configured these  new phone manually. Did  you slected  right phone model ? Did you configured right MAC address ?

@inderdeeps mentioned the version 11.0.0MPP, is it a MPP firmware version ? 

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

Thank you, Where do I check for firmware on the phone that will not register?  It has the proper address of the CUCM server when I look in the IPV4 settings.  When the phone would not even begin to register I tried configuring it with the proper MAC and phone version without any luck.