cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco business edition BE6 M6 - VMWARE LICENSE question

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

New server Be6 M6 - seems like Cisco does not provide any more VMWARE licenses with that product. You need to purchase the license from your partner. You can use your own VMware license if you have an EA with VMware.

VMware vSphere Standard (v. - license - 1 processor

MFG.PART: VS8-STD-C

VMware Support and Subscription Production - technical support - for VMware vSphere Standard Edition - 3 years

MFG.PART: VS8-STD-3P-SSS-C

I assume these are right for BE6 server but just want to make sure.  

Vsphere Standard (ESXi) supports up to 32 cores for a single processor. This would appear to be the co

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It is the correct license.

BE6k-M6 comes with VMware 7 preinstalled. It may come with VMware 8 soon.

If you have a VMware 8 key in your case, upgrade to VMware 8 as CUCM 14 and 15 support 8.0

NithinEluvathingal_0-1706711711726.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager.html

based on this guide CCUM 15 runs on ESXi 8.0 U1 so it seems to be valid part for that ..... I guess 

VS8-STD-C is a VMware part number This license supports up to 32 cores per processor and for Cisco CCW it is VMW-VSP-STD-3A =

If you have a server with one CPU, you need a one-processor license. If you have a server with two CPUs, you need two licenses and you need to combine them as two CPUs on the VMware portal.

BE6K is a single CPU server, so you need a one-processor license.

Response Signature

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you,

VS8-STD-3P-SSS-C is support and VS8-STD-C is ESXi license for one CPU (max 32 cores). I assume its the correct license for BE6 M6 Business Edition server - yes single CPU. 

It should come with preinstalled VMWARE ESXi version 8 - it should. I wonder if the VMWARE license can be downgraded to version 7. Just inn case if BE6 comes with v7 instead of v8. 

It is the correct license.

BE6k-M6 comes with VMware 7 preinstalled. It may come with VMware 8 soon.

If you have a VMware 8 key in your case, upgrade to VMware 8 as CUCM 14 and 15 support 8.0

NithinEluvathingal_0-1706711711726.png

Response Signature

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Nithin, I found the same link CCUM 14 and 15 can be installed on VMWARE 8. I can always upgrade 7 to 8 if it comes with 7. Cisco cannot say if the new server will come with 7 or 8 so I will see when we get it. 

All the recent M6 servers I have worked on come with VMware 7 preinstalled.

Response Signature

In case it will come with 7 where I should download version 8 from VMWARE or Cisco? I assume that should be Cisco preloaded ISO image.