cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEW to SBC, odd audio issue

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on migrating from TDM to SIP providers and built up my SBCs a few months back.  I set up a predot (94) to send calls out as 10-digit for the VISP to route to a special DoD Phone network back in December and it works great.

This week we are working to get our commercial lines off TDM and onto the SBCs, so I set up another predot (97) to send calls out as 12-digit for the VISP to route to their commercial carrier (AT&T).

Now, this is the odd part.  94 works great with clear 2-way audio.  97 calls over the exact same SBCs, same Dial-Peers, the call connects, the onsite endpoint gets audio from the distant end just fine, but the distant end cannot hear the on-site audio.  BUT, the on-site endpoint hears itself about a fraction of a second later.  Like I can say hello, and by the time I finish I am already hearing "..llo" almost like the stream is curving back around on me.

What the heck am I missing?  I can't imagine it is a codec issue if 94 works fine.  dial-peer config issue?  sip-profiles?  I am a total greenhorn on this SBC / SIP so I am just pounding through documentation trying to figure out what to look for.

Any insight would be immensely helpful.  Have a TAC case open, but would like to figure it out before they get back to me.

PS - may be part of it?  we have SRTP configured endpoint to VISP.  both 94. & 97. calls connect with the "padlock" icon next to the call timer.  and I swear the first day I tested this in early January I got 2 way audio.

Rob

3 Replies 3

How can you use the same dial peers if the destination is different? That doesn’t sound accurate. Can you please share your complete configuration from the SBC, as a text file that you attach to the response, minus any sensitive information so that we can verify your configuration?

Response Signature

Thank you Roger, you are always so quick with support!!  I will sanitize and upload my config here in a bit.  as for dial-peers, I have 3 set up for inbound to my CUCM PUB, SUB1, SUB2 and they have an e164 pattern map associated to cover the 94 and 97 lines.  I have two other dial-peers for out to my VISP ESCs also using an e164 pattern map that is basically "+.T" and ".T" to cover the 10 and 12 digit.  My VISP identifies what calls go where by how many digits I send them down the line.

Rob

Lets see if this attaches