cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No audio for both ends when you enter an extension during greetings on Call Handler

I setup a call handler and during the greentings the caller should be able to enter anytime the extension. Everything looks fine, they can enter the extension during the greetings, the phone rings, the user picks it up, however there is no audio they cannot hear each other.

Using CUCM/CUC 8.2 with VG CUBE to the ITSP via SIP.

Any idea what it might be?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does this work calling internally?
Do you see the phone receiving RTP in the statistics??
Have you checked for routing issues?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

could be codec negotiation as well (lack of transcoder), check you regions in cucm.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for getting back...

Yes, it works internally.

I did not find this info using IPC, and I'm not able to access via web the phone in order to check the receiving RTP in the statistics. What's the right way to check this info? Is this command will help: sh voip rtp conn?

I'm going to double check for routing issue. I think I should issue: voice rtp send-recv command

I thought would be a codec negotiation too, but everything looks fine. The only thing I'm not sure if I would need the MTP checked. Now is not checked on the trunk in the CUCM.

Anyway, my guess would be routing issue and I'm going to apply this command, if it doesn't solve, then might be the codec issue. I'll let you know the results.

Once again thanks for your suggestions.

Codec issues usually drop the call after the signaling is done, meaning, it rings, but then you answer, the call is dropped, I don't think this is the case.

On the phones you can press the ? button twice to get statistics from current call.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

The only way I was able to get this solved was checked the MTP on trunk in the CUCM. I have never seen this before with no two-way audio between CUC and CUCM.

I'm just wondering if any one out there could explain this or if there is another way to accomplish this without checking the MTP. Thank you!