cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No way to template "Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control"

dohnesor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way to apply the setting "Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control" via Common Phone Profile or Enterprise Phone Configuration. My customer is heavily utilising Universal Device Templates and Self-Provisioning in addition to PCP and this manual step seems to be so simple that it could be in a template. It's frustrating to have to tell the customer for any new phone, they have to manually set this setting.

If the setting is not ticked, the wireless headsets disconnect from the base which according to Plantronics is working as designed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately this limitation still exists despite being brought up by some customers over the past few years. You may engage your Cisco Account team for a feature enhancement request to push the Product team to include this in any of the upcoming releases.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately this limitation still exists despite being brought up by some customers over the past few years. You may engage your Cisco Account team for a feature enhancement request to push the Product team to include this in any of the upcoming releases.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish

Has anyone found a solution to set the Wireless Headset Hookswitch to Enabled for auto registered phones?

I have a customer who is facing issues with using Jabra headsets on new phones due to this setting.