Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel SIP Phone on CUCM

jeff.heckart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently converted a Nortel shop to Cisco CUCM 6.1(2), and have the need to register several Nortel 1140E's to CallManager.

I have searched here and googled, and am not coming up with anything. I have also added the phone's MAC as an advanced SIP endpoint, manually changed the tftp server, and it doesn't come up. I believe that it already has a SIP image.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

32 Replies 32

Your DTMF tones aren't coming through.  Check your protocol specific info under the phone settings in Call Manager.

Hi guys,

I feel really dummy on this one... I have configure my tftp server,

firmware SIP1120e04.00.04.00 is on it with the .cfg file

But, it doesnt even contact the tftp server.

My dhcp server have the option 66 and 150 that point to the tftp server... but nothing happend.

the firmware right now is : 2version micropr.:0624c60

Are you using a separate TFTP server for the Nortel phones?  The Nortel phones don't use option 150 (i believe), the Cisco phones do.  As for option 66, not sure either, but option 128 they do.  Try hard coding the TFTP server into the phone first. It will be the 'provisioning' server option on the Nortel.  This way we can be sure that you are not having any connectivity issues between the phone and TFTP server.  For a TFTP server, I use Tftpd32.