cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not receiving voicemail

BrianaMcClendon
Level 1
Level 1

We have a hunt group for our product support. When everyone is on a call it goes to voicemail and although everything is setup correctly, they never get a voicemail. The voicemail picks up and it allows you to leave a voicemail but when they go to check it, there is nothing there. No settings have changed and everything is set correctly, What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The first question to answer is what is answering the call in Unity Connection? Do callers hear the greeting you recorded for this or are they hearing the generic Unity Connection greeting?

If the call is reaching a call handler, then on the Message Settings page look for where a message is being sent. The default is the undeliverablemessages system distribution list.

If Unity Connection is sending the call to a voicemail box (rather than a call handler) again look at the message settings to see where the call is being sent.

Let us know what you find?

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to mention the products that are being used, and explain your exact setup if you expect any assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I apologize for not being specific.

We are using the IP Communicator 7945 phone system. We do setups voicemail setup and changes through the Cisco unity connection administrator. We also set our hunt groups using the same system. This system is not something I have a lot of experience with since we only have 1 location that is still on the cisco system. 75% of all troubleshooting I do is trial and error and whatever I can find on my own by asking oh so helpful people like yourself. Most of our systems don't use Java so we don't have many people with it installed.

Any questions that you might need to know to help me please just ask out right and if I have the answer I will provide it.

IPC and 7945 are endpoints, you need something for call control, CUCM or CME.

Hunt groups are not configured in Unity, that's configured in the call control.

You would need to explain the call flow and the configuration you have in place to determine what could be wrong, because the behavior you explain, is not the default for the system. You'd need to review the configuration based on the call flow to determine where those voicemails are ending up, and adjust that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The first question to answer is what is answering the call in Unity Connection? Do callers hear the greeting you recorded for this or are they hearing the generic Unity Connection greeting?

If the call is reaching a call handler, then on the Message Settings page look for where a message is being sent. The default is the undeliverablemessages system distribution list.

If Unity Connection is sending the call to a voicemail box (rather than a call handler) again look at the message settings to see where the call is being sent.

Let us know what you find?

Maren