cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not sure if Inter Digit timeout issue

RobertHawk
Level 1
Level 1

I was alerted to a dialing issue by some people in my organization. The issue is as follows and affects all phone models in our organization (8841, 8845, and 7945):

1. If a user dials the number they wish to call, and then pushes the call button, the phone rings immediately to the called party number.

2. If the user presses the headset or speaker key, or picks up handset, and then dials number, they hear about a 10 second higher pitched dial tone sound before the call rings to the called party.

In both instances, the call does occur and there are no issues with the calls themselves.

My T302 timer is set to 4000 and all route patterns have the Provide Outside Dial Tone box checked. Any advice to solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

It isn't a major issue, but considering the dialing habits of the users, it is an issue for many in the organization.

Current version is CUCM 12.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only one that can tell if it's an overlapping dial plan issue or not is YOU, who has access to all the configuration, use DNA and review your dial plan to determine if that's the case or not. Also see if there are SIP dial rules in place or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only one that can tell if it's an overlapping dial plan issue or not is YOU, who has access to all the configuration, use DNA and review your dial plan to determine if that's the case or not. Also see if there are SIP dial rules in place or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Jaime said you will need to look at your dial plan to see what is in place.

To me that sounds like you have an overlapping pattern for something you don't expect. Provide outside dial tone is what blasts out that extra sound, but, to me it sounds like the UCM is waiting to see if you're going to dial more digits because you haven't matched yet. Depending on how it is setup look for a pattern that has maybe one too many "X" in it, or a lazy pattern like "Dial 8 then the 4 digit extension of the store you wish to call" and someone put in "8.!" it's going to sit there until you time out before it routes.

RobertHawk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help, gentlemen. I found what was causing this in one of my translation patterns. The pattern did not have the Provide Outside Dial Tone box checked. Once I checked that, the timeout issue went away. Once Jaime said something about overlapping patterns, I remembered I had set up this translation pattern to fix a different issue and that this new issue seemed to start around the same time. Thanks again for the assist. Somewhat new at this and every bit of knowledge helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: