Views
Helpful
Replies

One-way audio between inter-cluster trunk of CUCM

Ashish Bagla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two CUCM clusters and trunk has been created between them.

Now when I call from one IP phone which is registered on CUCM of 1st cluster to the second IP phone which is registered on CUCM of 2nd cluster, there is only one-way audio.

I have recently migrated call managers to 8.5.1.10000-26 in both the clusters. After the upgrade, this issue is persisting. I am not sure if this is a bug with this version or there is any other problem..

Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.        

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ashish,

What kind of trunk do you have setup between the 2 clusters - ICT/H323 or SIP? Is there a firewall between the 2 clusters? What is the media path? Did you hit the question mark on the IP Phones to see if both phones are sending and receiving packets? Has the routing been validated between the IP phones of the 2 clusters?

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Abzal
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try to check it could be routing issue. If CUCMs are reachable from each sides.

Hope it will help.

Best regards,
Abzal

Yes, CUCMs are reachable from both the sides.

If there would have been a routing issue, how did it work before the upgrade. This issue persists ..

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ashish,

What kind of trunk do you have setup between the 2 clusters - ICT/H323 or SIP? Is there a firewall between the 2 clusters? What is the media path? Did you hit the question mark on the IP Phones to see if both phones are sending and receiving packets? Has the routing been validated between the IP phones of the 2 clusters?

Regards,

Harmit.

Can you please be a little elabrote on how to use the ? mark on the ip Phones .. It would be very helpful ..

Hey, the issue is resolved. There was problem with IP-phone to IP-phone reachability. Thanks for the help.

Hi Ashish,

That's wonderful. As for the question you had, you can press the "?" twice while the call is connected and it should show you call statistics where you can see the RX and TX count increment. Wish you a happy new year!

Regards,

Harmit.