Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one way voice ip phone to ip phone

hi

I can hear voice from branch office but my voice can't reaching them. I had two diffierent servers call manager 4.3 and 7.1, but only one server can be in online and second will be stand alone. Branch office was connected through leased line. But using ip communicator voice was both way.

what should be the problem.

thankq.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I would recommend taking a packet capture from the back of the phone and then ripping out the RTP stream and listening to it. Assuming its G.711 you can use the Wireshark tool to listen to it. If its G.729 audio then you might have to open a  TAC case to get it analyzed. This analyzation will give you exactly what is happening from an IP phone perspective and then will guide you on the path that the RTP travels. This path will eventually guide you to the offending device and then you will know where your problem is. This is very handy instead of guessing where the issue is.

That is the quickest and easiest way to work problems like this.

Ryan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

It is going to be a problem with your voice subnet routing or security.  Sounds to me like there may be an access list on one of your voice subnets blocking RTP one way.  Could be in any of the switches and or routers / asa's between the devices.

one way audio is almost always this..

An ip communicator would run on your data subnet, which is not likely to have any kind of security ACL's in place, which is why it probably works

If its working to the other hard phone with the ip communicator, then its likely the local voice subnet thats the issues,

Hope this helps,

Chad

Hi   Thanks for your reply b,but i can get ping from both sises

do ping with source interface between the ip phones subnets

if its still ping then check the path as the above poster suggested to chekc if there is any ACL or filtering in the path of RTP stream

hi

there is no acl, vlan.

if the problem is firewall, but initially it was both sides voice

hi

is there any tool to find the data loss or blocking state.

if any please send the link

thanks

Hello,

I would recommend taking a packet capture from the back of the phone and then ripping out the RTP stream and listening to it. Assuming its G.711 you can use the Wireshark tool to listen to it. If its G.729 audio then you might have to open a  TAC case to get it analyzed. This analyzation will give you exactly what is happening from an IP phone perspective and then will guide you on the path that the RTP travels. This path will eventually guide you to the offending device and then you will know where your problem is. This is very handy instead of guessing where the issue is.

That is the quickest and easiest way to work problems like this.

Ryan

hi

if there is voice vlan what should be the configuration can please how to configure 802.1p/q protocol.

i am also using h323 protocol for video call in that also one way voice so please tell me the configuration.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: