cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only some ports in a VG224 have No dial-tone or Ring (totally dead).

mohamedbineesh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VG224 FXS ports registered as MGCP in CUCM 9.1.  All the ports are showing registered in CUCM. But Some of the ports have no dial-tone or ring. I tried re-configuring the ports , resetting and even tried rebooting the VG224 itself , but nothing came positive. When i do " Show voice-port summary " , i can see the status of the port is ringing when i call this number . There is no problem with cabling. Where could be the issue ?

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Which is the firmware version of VG224?

Have you tried to reload the VG?

Are non - functioning ports contiguous?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo ,

Which is the firmware version of VG224?

Answer: Cisco IOS Software, vg224 Software (vg224-I6S-M), Version 12.4(15)T17, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Have you tried to reload the VG?

Answer: Yes tried it couple of times and more and tried resetting the ports from CUCM and also shut/noshut from VG224 Cli

Are non - functioning ports contiguous?

Answer: We have 8 VG224 . Non-functioning ports are random. 1st VG224 we have 3 random ports not working. 2nd VG224 we have like 4 random ports not working.

NOTE : These ports were working before. When we get complaint from enduser , we have to change the ports for him.

Hi -

What is the integration used for these (MGCP - SCCP etc.)?  

If this is MGCP - what is the hostname / domain name used?

Hi,

Did you try to check the telco cable?

Sometimes some pins may be faulty .

Another test is to go directly on the analogue pathc panel and take the non working pair and test them with an old analogue telephone.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

I have tested individual ports at the end of cables from Alphenol Connector ( RJ-21 Connector). I think Either the individual VG224 Analog Ports are faulty or the RJ-21 connector is faulty. 

I would start replacing RJ21 connector and test it again.

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo