Views
Helpful
Replies

Only want my internal phones to be able to call one extension

gunnydaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

So I am using EM to lock my users down, however I still want them to be able to call my help desk extension. Is there a way where I can get all phones in a particular partition to be able to dial just one extension only and block all others. ACL?

Thanks,

Matt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/dialplan.html#wp1044276

I'd suggest you read the whole chapter, CSS and partitions are basic building blocks in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

@gunnydaman wrote:

Ok,

I'm a little bit confused on the calling search space using partitions, and I seem to be making a mistake somewhere.

So, let's say I have three extensions:

I want 1001 to be able to call everything as this is an admin phone. I only want 1002 and 1003 to be able to call 1001 and nothing else. So what I would do is:

1. Set up two partitions

2. Set up a calling search space and assign those partitions

I get this, but how does this control how the phones call. Where do I configure rules that the partitions will follow and should I only assign the calling search space to the directory number? I can't seem to find any good instructions on this.

Thank You,

Matt

To achieve what you ask for you would have as you say two partitions, one for the admin DN (1001) and another for the other two DNs (1002 & 1003). Then set up one CSS that contains just the partition for the admin DN and assign that to device or line CSS on the devices/directory numbers 1002 & 1003, this will let these two call just to 1001. Next create another CSS that contains both of the partitions and assign that to the admin device or line CSS on the device/directory number 1001. With this the admin will be able to call the other two and also two itself or any other admin directory numbers that you might add later.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSS and partitions

HTH

java

The partition that the directory number are in have not a direct impact on what the phone it’s assigned to can call to. It’s the calling search space and the partitions in it that define what the device or directory number can call to.

Response Signature

Ok,

I'm a little bit confused on the calling search space using partitions, and I seem to be making a mistake somewhere.

I want 1001 to be able to call everything as this is an admin phone. I only want 1002 and 1003 to be able to call 1001 and nothing else. So what I would do is:

1. Set up two partitions

I get this, but how does this control how the phones call. Where do I configure rules that the partitions will follow and should I only assign the calling search space to the directory number? I can't seem to find any good instructions on this.

Thank You,

Matt

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/dialplan.html#wp1044276

I'd suggest you read the whole chapter, CSS and partitions are basic building blocks in CUCM.

HTH

java

@gunnydaman wrote:

Ok,

1. Set up two partitions

Thank You,

Matt

To achieve what you ask for you would have as you say two partitions, one for the admin DN (1001) and another for the other two DNs (1002 & 1003). Then set up one CSS that contains just the partition for the admin DN and assign that to device or line CSS on the devices/directory numbers 1002 & 1003, this will let these two call just to 1001. Next create another CSS that contains both of the partitions and assign that to the admin device or line CSS on the device/directory number 1001. With this the admin will be able to call the other two and also two itself or any other admin directory numbers that you might add later.

Response Signature

Got it to work. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: