cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opinions with "on hold" announcement

ra2246
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has a specific division in their hospital that has 3 phones as answer points. There are many times when there is just 1 person working so all 3 phones are not "manned" all of the time. The customer reports complaints from nurses that their calls are going unanswered. The problem is when there is just 1 person working at that time and they are on the phone with another doctor or nurse, they can't answer the other incoming line.  So they have asked for an announcement that tells the nurse to "please hold." But the problem is that they are not even answering. My question is, what is the best way to handle this situation?

1) Should I configure a hunt group and utilize the queue functionality with the "please hold" announcement playing periodically or,

2) Should I configure each line with a forward no answer to a call handler announcement stating they are busy and continue to hold and then transfer back to switch?  I understand that they are not in a queue at this point but I also have concerns about the phones being logged out and the user not seeing this or not knowing how to log it back in.

These numbers that are being called are also associated with a time schedule for after hours.

This is CM 10.5

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

With 10.5 I think you could do with Native Call Queuing where you can receive the call on an Hunt Pilot (along with the Hunt List and Line Group config) and can keep the call for a Long Long time, at the same time, keep periodically make custom announcement for the "please hold" message.

Please see the screen shot attached below, and if you need any further help, the Help > This Page would be your guide and of course, if you have further queries, please feel free to post here

HTH

That is what I was thinking. I was mainly concerned about the phones that were not manned being logged out and the user not remembering how to log them back in, or not even notice that they were logged out. 

2 more questions:

1) Where all does the .wav need to be uploaded for the comfort message? These are internal calls only.

2) There shouldn't be any issues with the queue affecting the time schedule, correct?

Hi,

For the user being logged out, I think just don't create any Buttons for Log in and Log out, and they will be by default, always logged in.

1. The MoH file goes, where the normal MoH file goes, i.e. Media Resources > Music on Hold Audio Source > Upload File

2. That is correct, the Native Call Queuing is a very basic queuing and doesnt offer directly any time schedules.

HTH