Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound CLI Presentation & QSIG

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to reopen a post that i wrote not completely correct. This is my situation (a typical migration from traditional PBX to Cisco CUCM):

PSTN ------------------- E1 WVIC --- 2911 Voice Gateway --- QSIG WVIC --------------------- Nortel PBX ---------------- Nortel Phones

|

|

|

CUCM 8.5 Cluster

|

|

|

Cisco IP Phones

One of my goals was to rewrite Outbound CLI Presentation with Calling Party Transformation Masks. To do so, i created:

- a "CLIRewrite _PT" partition.

- a "CLIRewrite" CSS containing the CLIRewrite _PT partition only.

- a Calling Party Transformation Pattern that matches all my internal DN's (XXXX) and transform them in my complete number ( example:065555XXXX)

- i applied the "CLIRewrite" CSS to my E1 PRI interface under "Calling Party Transformation CSS”.

All works fine and all my Cisco IP phones go on PSTN with the correct complete number (065555XXXX). Now THIS IS my problem:

- i tried to do the same with Nortel Phones but it doesn't work. When a Nortel phone calls PSTN it goes out with the number 065555.

- i supposed that could be a Nortel problem but isn't: Nortel PBX sends the 4-digit DN to QSIG ( i can see the 4-digit DN if a Nortel phone calls a Cisco Phone).

- i supposed it can work, because Nortel PBX sends the 4-digit DN trought QSIG and then the Voice Gateway appends the 065555 when it is processed by the Calling Party Transformation CSS E1 interface...but it doesn't work.

After all these suppositions, i looked at CDR logs and identified my problem:

- the Nortel DN's are not in the CUCM Database and so they are placed in the "null" partition.(like all numbers incoming from PSTN)

- it seems that CUCM is not able to process DN's in the "null" partition.

- i think i must consider the Nortel phones calls as "Incoming" in QSIG interface...so i haven't the "Call Routing Information – Outbound Calls" options.

My question is: how can i do (on Nortel DN's) something similar to the one i made on CUCM DN's ? I mean something similar to Calling Party Transformation CSS ?

Thank you,

Roberto

6 Replies 6

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried prefix digits instead of the mask?  Is this gateway MGCP?  If not, you could make it h323 or SIP to CUCM and do all of the call routing between the PBX and the PSTN through the gateway, and let it handle the digits for you.

Yes, i tried prefix digits with no success. The gateway is MGCP. I was thinking about a way to assign to a partition everything is coming from the QSIG interface...but i don't know how.

you can also prefix or suffix digits on the Device Pool level..

You can create a DP specially for the GW prefixing the digits and assign it on that GW.

Mohsin.

I can try, but in this way i will have prefix digits on all calls originating from QSIG and so on internal calls also.

I'd like to have prefix on the calls from QSIG to PSTN, but is not very beautiful having 065555XXXX as a source when a Nortel DN calls a Cisco DN.

I don't think the problem is a null partition on the CDRs.  The transform mask can't be in a null partition.  The null partition is not looked at when changing these calls. 

Where are you applying this mask?  Is this on the gateway or the route pattern?  Is it hitting the same route pattern as your calls from CUCM out to the PSTN? 

I would try having this change on both the gateway and route pattern.  If you are using the same route pattern for external calls, I would try changing this to use 2 different route patterns so that you can make changes that won't effect the working calls.  If none of this works for you, I would open up a case.  I don't see why this wouldn't work.

The trasformation is applied on the E1 PRI interfaces and both PSTN calls by Cisco and Nortel phones use the same route pattern. I use:

- a Calling Party Transformation Pattern that matches all my internal DN's (XXXX) and transform them in my complete number (example:065555XXXX)

- a CSS on my E1 PRI interface under "Calling Party Transformation CSS”.

The problem is that this works on DN's assigned to partitions (real CUCM DN assigned to Cisco phones) but not on Nortel DN's that CUCM recognizes as assigned to "null" partition. ( Calling Party Transformation Pattern doesn't work on "null" partitions numbers).

That's why i'm looking for a method to associate all my calls coming from QSIG interface to a partition different from the "Null" one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: