cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Over night routing issues

mark tinsley
Level 1
Level 1

Our situation is that, sporadically, established route paths that go out our gateway into our PBX (MSL-100) stop routing.  We currently have 8 PRI's programmed between the call manager and our PBX and all are programmed the exact same, which pretty much allows any call outside of the call manager to go through.  I know 8 PRI's is not considered a lot, but we have never come close to maxing out the channels that are there. 

Right now, for some reason, we had multiple 3, 4 and 5 digit route paths established for our hotlines (PLAR) and intercom dialing stop working.  The dialed number analyzer says that the numbers we want to dial are routed and points them to our gateway.  But when we make the call we get the "Number cannot be completed as dialed" error message.  When I pull up the call session in Real-Time Management, it is saying that the call is terminated due to the number dialed being unallocated. 

What happens over night that could cause this issue.  The only programming change that was made to the system recently was over this past weekend.  I installed a device pack to add the 8800 series of phones to our call manager.  Once the install was complete I rebooted the entire cluster and everything was "Greened" up in the reporting tab. 

Would this issue be inside our gateway or on our PBX side?

Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

mark tinsley
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Call Manager version 8.6.2

Can you provide the output of "debug isdn q931" from the gateway connecting CUCM to your PBX when the call is failing?

what exactly am I looking for from the output?

Here is the output:

Calling Party Number I = 0x0081,  '7228900'

Plan:Unknown Type:Unknown

Called Party Number I = 0x80,  '60107'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Locking Shift to Codeset 5

Codeset 5 IE 0x41   I = 0x84901000000000

002333: Aug 19 14:50:31.556 EDT: ISDN Se0/2/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8379

Cause I-0x809c  -  Invalid number format (incomplete number)

002334: Aug 19 14:50:31.596 EDT: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x032F

Bearer Capability I = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID I = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Cause I-0x809c  -  Invalid number format (incomplete number) - which means:

"The connection fails because the destination address is in an unrecognizable format, or is incomplete. Verify whether the format of the number is correct. This includes any appropriate digits for a PBX, and long distance. "

Can you gather the same output from a working call? Can you post "show run" from the gateway?

so,  we were able to correct this issue.  it ended up being a small setup issue in the programming of the gateway.  under the "outbound" call routing information, the called numbering plan needed to be switched to private.

I still don't know what caused that to be an issue.  it makes no sense that that it worked as one setting one day and then the next it needed to be changed.

anyhow, thank you all for your help!!