cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Paging - 4331 router with Valcom 9972 via FXS Port

tracy.loaiza
Level 1
Level 1

We have many sites that use overhead paging. Traditionally, we have always connected the Valcom 2001A to the FXO port with fairly no issues. We are moving away from using FXO and now incorporating the Valcom 9972 amplifier in order to use the FXS ports. Do I still need to connect the V2001A to the 9972 then to the FXS port? Also, with using the FXS, do I still need to build a route pattern in CUCM? If so, how does that need to be configured? Would it be the same as the FXO solution? Finally, would the 4331 gateway still need a dial peer? Sorry for all of the questions. We deployed our first site last night and having issues. Thanks for any guidance / suggestions. Have a great day!

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My recommendation is to use paging adapter such as TAMB2 which allows you to use either FXO or FXS.

As to needing Route pattern it depends on what protocol you are using to control the FXS port.  If you are using SCCP or MGCP then the FXS port would be defined as analog port on CUCM with extension and would not require route pattern. If you are using SIP or H323 then you would need route pattern pointing to the trunk/gateway.