Views
Helpful
Replies

P-Associated URI as P-Preferred-Identity on CUBE

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hello!

We are deploying a new CUBE with multiple registrations to the ITSP, but have a problem.

The ITSP ask if it is possible to send the "P-Associated URI" in the "P-Asserted-Identity" field for outgoing calls.

Actually we have the same value as in the contact field, 

Do you have an idea? 

Thanks, Mirko

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If all you'd like to do is replace the value in the PAI with a fixed value you can easily do that with a SIP profile. Something along with this, that you put as outbound on the dial peer towards your ITSP should do.

voice class sip-profiles 10
 request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*<sip:).*(@.*>)" "P-Asserted-Identity: \1044422334\2" 
 response ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*<sip:).*(@.*>)" "P-Asserted-Identity: \1044422334\2"

Response Signature

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

b.winter
VIP
VIP

And what is your question now?
How to enable the PAI header?

The PAI Header is still enable but it is not working correctly for the ITSP.

The question if it possible to put the value P-Associated URI that is in the registration, also in the field P-Preferred-Identity of the SIP message.

mcaldogne_1-1678263909811.png

You can use a sip-profile to modify the value of the PAI header to whatever you want.
Create a sip-profile, add a rule for the PAI modification and assign it to the outbound dial-peer towards ITSP.

But why doesn't he like to have a different number in there? Assuming you have the main number 044422334 and a DID range of 1 digit, normally all numbers from 0444223340 to 0444223349 are allowed in the PAI header. I have never seen a ITSP not allowing this, because all those numbers belong to you and the SIP trunk.

OK thanks you, I tested with a new custom SIP profile!

I don't know exactly why ITSP want that, but I think the reason is related to the multiple registrations from one CUBE.

SIP providers^^
And no, it shouldn't have anything to do with multiple SIP trunks on your CUBE.

If all you'd like to do is replace the value in the PAI with a fixed value you can easily do that with a SIP profile. Something along with this, that you put as outbound on the dial peer towards your ITSP should do.

voice class sip-profiles 10
 request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*<sip:).*(@.*>)" "P-Asserted-Identity: \1044422334\2" 
 response ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*<sip:).*(@.*>)" "P-Asserted-Identity: \1044422334\2"

Response Signature

Thanks for the information, it works with your settings in the SIP profile. 

But now I have another problem...

I have multiple tenant and I thought it would be possible to have for each tenant dedicated dial-peers (each dial-peer with the own SIP profile). The problem is that all the outgoing calls are matching with the first available dial-peer, without taking into consideration the tenant. For example I would expect that tenant 110 should match dial-peer 11  and tenant 120 sould match dial-peer 12 for calls to +.  Am I doing something wrong?

voice class sip-profiles 11

voice class sip-profiles 12
request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*<sip:).*(@.*>)" "P-Asserted-Identity: \1044422335\2" 
response ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*<sip:).*(@.*>)" "P-Asserted-Identity: \1044422335\2"

voice class tenant 110
registrar dns:sip.xxxxx.xx:5060 expires 3600
credentials username 044422334 password <password> realm sip.xxxxx.xx
authentication username 044422334 password <password>
sip-server dns:sip.xxxxx.xx:5060
no pass-thru content custom-sdp
!
voice class tenant 120
registrar dns:sip.xxxxx.xx:5060 expires 3600
credentials username 044422335 password <password> realm sip.xxxxx.xx
authentication username 044422335 password <password>
sip-server dns:sip.xxxxx.xx:5060
no pass-thru content custom-sdp

dial-peer voice 11 voip
translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING
destination-pattern +T
session protocol sipv2
session target dns:sip.xxxxx.xx
voice-class codec 1 
voice-class sip profiles 11
voice-class sip tenant 110
no voice-class sip session refresh
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no fax-relay sg3-to-g3
fax protocol t38 version 3 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
ip qos dscp cs5 media
ip qos dscp cs4 signaling
no vad

dial-peer voice 12 voip
translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING
destination-pattern +T
session protocol sipv2
session target dns:sip.xxxxx.xx
voice-class codec 1 
voice-class sip profiles 12
voice-class sip tenant 120
no voice-class sip session refresh
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no fax-relay sg3-to-g3
fax protocol t38 version 3 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
ip qos dscp cs5 media
ip qos dscp cs4 signaling
no vad

The tenant has nothing to do with dial-peer matching.
You could use dial-peer groups assigned to the incoming dial-peer, to control which outgoing dial-peers should be considered --> Check the docs how to configure.

Or you get you dial-peer matching right.

I understand, thank you for your reply!

I will check the docs beacuse I have no experience with dial-peers groups.

This document should provide you with the needed information. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

Thank you for your help!