cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC/Android/iOS Audio to Cisco IP Phone Possible?

InternetDog
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I work for a high school and with things slowing down I am finding it hard to find anything to do! haha

So. I have tasked myself with trying to figure out a way for the school staff to play royalty free music in between classes over the school speakers. The speakers can be used by making an All Call through a Cisco IP phone. They already play music occasionally by putting their phone up to external speakers, but it... doesn't sound the best, to say the least. lol

I've looked around online for Aux to Phone Jack converters and I have found a few out there. However, they are very specific with what can and cannot work. I am tempted to buy a bunch of them just to see if it would be as simple as plugging an Aux out -> Converter -> IP Phone, but I really doubt it would work.

I have used software on my PC before that plays audio over your microphone so I was hoping it would be as easy as getting my PC connected to my IP Phone and transmitting the audio to it. However, it doesn't seem like it's going to be that simple.

I also haven't been able to find anything on these forums or others like it that answer my question. I figured it was a bit unique, but I genuinely can't find anything! Maybe my Googling skills are not what they used to be.

So here I am now. I am open to any and all solutions. However, I should note that the easier the solution is to use, the better. My coworkers are not the most tech savvy. hahaha

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

1 Reply 1

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please refer to attached document for MARS Emergency Alerts application for Cisco IP Phones

The types of alerts that can be sent are as below
I. Playout Prerecorded Audio Alert
II. Text Alert
III. A combination of Prerecorded Audio & Text Alert
IV. Live Voice Alert

For more details you can write to info@parsec-tech.com