cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Load Behavior

jfinkbiner
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a 7962 and I think I am completely misinformed about how the phone load process works. The current setup involves a 7962, a cisco 2811, and a NME-16ESW switch module. Currently, we are using SCCP for the phone load. In the 2811, for the telephony-service section, I have the following stated:

load 7961 SCCP41.8-4-S2

The ephone setup is as follows:

ephone  3

no multicast-moh

device-security-mode none

description 7962 Phone

mac-address macaddwithheld

ephone-template 1

paging-dn 71

type 7961

button  1:3

Due to some unforeseen issues, the helpdesk issued a full wipe of this phone. It is now no longer able to pull the phone tftp files. The specific console message is:
Dec 13 10:54:50.774 EST: TFTP: Looking for term62.default.loads
Dec 13 10:54:51.114 EST: TFTP: Looking for term62.default.loads
If I have declared the phone as a 7961, why is it looking for 7962 load files? Moreover, why is it looking for this default.loads file to begin with shouldn't it bee looking for the SCCP41.8-4-S2 file first? Just looking for a bit of clarity on this.
Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

It's looking for the load for a 7962 because it IS a 7962.  A 7962 and a 7961 are not the same thing.  They use different firmware.  You cannot force a phone to take a load for another model.  When the phone hits the TFTP server, it will grab firmware files for its specific model and get them loaded before it ever even gets to the section where you define what it is.

You'll need to define the load for a 7962 in the telephony-service section, declare the files in the tftp section, and then define the ephone properties appropriately.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

It's looking for the load for a 7962 because it IS a 7962.  A 7962 and a 7961 are not the same thing.  They use different firmware.  You cannot force a phone to take a load for another model.  When the phone hits the TFTP server, it will grab firmware files for its specific model and get them loaded before it ever even gets to the section where you define what it is.

You'll need to define the load for a 7962 in the telephony-service section, declare the files in the tftp section, and then define the ephone properties appropriately.

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Would you mind providing me show run and show flash of your router.

Thanks,

Luis Sandi

I just simply loaded the correct files as suggested. This fixed the issue. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: