Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone problems needed help

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have a cisco call manager and cisco call manager express , My cisco unifed call manager is integrated with Ericsson PBX.

problems

1- I have a cisco IP phone 7975 works so fine with CME 8.6 and i use it to register with my CUCM v8.5 , it works fine also. When i use it back for CME the registeration is failed and asked me for upgrade (i tried to do reset by # and etc.... , it is not working and i have still have the same error),

2-transfer problem 

when I Made a phone Call from Digital Extenion ( 2222 ) to Cisco Phone Extenion ( 3333 ) and Cisco phone Transfer my Call to any other Digitial Phone extension ( 2333)  First Receiver ( 2222) receive Caller ID 1111 which is incorrect number.

Thank you

25 Replies 25

Hi

of course all things are working well , except this issue.

thanks

Hi,

did you use the MTP in the Media Resource Group list ? please assign the MRGL for phone and GW

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

Regarding your phone registration issue in CME, try to factory reset the phone while it is connected to CME. Unplug the ethernet and as soon as you plug it back in, press and hold # sign until the line buttons start flashing. After that press all the buttons in the keypad from 1 to #. It should reset the phone to factory default and download new firmware from CME. HTH.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi

As i mentioned above i have already do that with no results.Thank you

Thanks

Hello ,can i get any ideas??????

Hi

Please run a "debug isdn q931" on the GW and make the call. Check if the CLID is OK when the call leaves the gateway (maybe the pbx is changing the clid)

If not, check the external phone number mask on DN/RL/GW

Hello

any good suggestions , please

Mohamed,

1) First of all, delete all CTL or Trust list files from the phone. Then do factory reset.

2) As another vendor is involved, we have so many factors to be considered. First of all, we need to isolate the trouble. The ideal and logical way is to enable debug in MGCP gateway and verify what digit is being sent from MGCP gateway -----------> Ericson PBX.

If you see 1111 there, then lets look in CUCM side. If not, then we will check Ericson PBX.

Also, for the phone issue, load the GUI of the 7975 using web browser and check what logs/ status messages do you see there. Thus we can understand what exactly is the status of the phone.

Hi Mohamed.

Maybe the following document could explain your forwarding issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns784/703946.pdf (page 3)

"On a call that originates from an Ericsson MD110 PBX extension to a Cisco Unified IP Phone (registered on CUCM 7.0) that is

forwarded unconditionally or on busy back to a PBX extension on the same PBX, and where reroute is invoked, the forwarding name is

not displayed on the final destination. This is a new limitation of the PBX and was not seen on the previous release (BC12, SP5)."

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks Carlo , but i have CUCM 8.6 .Is there any document for that .

thanks again