Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone recording failed - No SIP session to recording server

Groupe NOEVA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup recording on demand from phones using Built In Bridge and record softkey.

Recorder Server is Enghouse QMS 7.1 (use SIP trunk and TAPI to CUCM).

When record key is pressed screen display "Recording Failed".

After tracing on recording server and phone recorder, I can see that :

- Phone is asking recording with softkey

- CUCM communicate with Recorder Server that send him a packet STATUS 200 which include its proper contact SIP URI.

- CUCM never send to the phone SIP packets that would provide server recorder contact URI (to forward RTP flows to recorder server).

- I can see that CUCM send BYE sip packet to phone (cause : Resources Unavalaible, unspecified)

I have been reviewing many time the Cisco anD QMS implementation guide but did not find any misconfiguration.

I use the same CSS for internal numbers and recording

My CUCM is version 11.5.1.14900-11

IP Phones 8851 and 7861 are supporting SIP recording (checked with CUCM reports).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I solved the issue by adding cucm application user for monitoring to all Standard CTI groups (some were not listed in implementation guide).
For info I'im using 88xx-sip.12-0-1SR1-1 software and it the issue was not related to this firmware.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Please check this post. There's been an issue with fw 65.12-0-1SR1-1

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/recording-stop-on-sip-8845-and-8861/td-p/3302056

Hello,

I solved the issue by adding cucm application user for monitoring to all Standard CTI groups (some were not listed in implementation guide).
For info I'im using 88xx-sip.12-0-1SR1-1 software and it the issue was not related to this firmware.