Views
Helpful
Replies

Pick-up Groups Call Manager 6

pjonessas1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently trying to adjust our pick-up groups on Cisco Call Manger 6, we have had some recent structural office work done and 2 departments are now merged into 1.

I currently have 2 pick-up groups configured for each department, i.e. Group 1 for Sales and Group 2 for Estimating. We have a sales receptionist who is part of the sales pick-up group.

We want the receptionist to be able to pick-up calls from both the Sales and Estimating pick-up groups. So far in call manager I have created a new pick-up group 'Group 3' and associated Groups 1 & 2 with Group 3. Then under the receptionists directory number I have changed the pick-up group to the new 'Group 3'

When we dial a number in the estimating or sales department the receptionist cannot pick up the call and no alert is displayed on the phones screen.

I suspect there is something very simple I am missing here, so if anyone could point me in the right direction is would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

The Audio/Visual Alerts only apply within the Pickup Group (not across associated groups as you have noted)

Is the receptionist using the OPickup softkey to pickup calls? .

Have a look;

Cisco IP  Phones provide three types of call pickup: call pickup, group call pickup, and other group call pickup.

Call pickup  Allows users to pick up incoming calls within their own group. Cisco CallManager automatically dials the appropriate call pickup group number when the user activates this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the Pickup softkey for this type of call pickup.

For this type of call pickup, you can configure audio and visual notification to the rest of the call pickup group members that a call is available for pickup.

Group call pickup  Allows users to pick up incoming calls in another group. User must dial the appropriate call pickup group number when activating this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the GPickup softkey for this type of call pickup.

Other group call pickup  Allows users to pick up incoming calls in a group that is associated with their own group. The Cisco CallManager automatically searches for the incoming call in the associated groups to make the call connection when the user activates this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the OPickup softkey for this type of call pickup.

You might be better off to just configure one large Pickup group

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

This information is very useful, I will go have another play around with the system but it basically answers my question audio and visual alert will only work if everyone is part of the same pickup group.