cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point IP Phone to different CUCM Cluster without factory defaulting

Reuben Gehman
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of breaking our contact center off our corporate CUCM cluster and moving it to it's own new cluster. I need to register the existing phones with the new cluster and I'm looking for method that is quicker then factory defaulting the phone and having it reinstall the firmware. Is anyone aware of a way to wipe the phone's config but not the firmware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

also did you try to erase the CTL and ITL after pointing to TFTP server.

Br,
Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what part of the config exactly are you looking at wiping?  I  mean as soon as an existing phone receives a new TFTP server through option 150, it will pull its config of that new TFTP server and will adhere to that new cluster's required firmware version.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Even if I change the TFTP server the CM list still remains and the phone registers with the old cluster. The only way I've been able to register phones with the new cluster is to factory default the phone. This works, but it takes a while because it downloads and installs the firmware all over again. I would like to avoid that if there are no  major drawbacks.

also did you try to erase the CTL and ITL after pointing to TFTP server.

Br,
Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I did not, but now that I've done that the phone has registered with the new cluster. Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for.

In anything above CUCM 8.x there's ITL involved, you cannot simply move endpoints between cluster without previous config.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_remove_ITL_.2F_CTL_files_from_phones.3F.3F

Doing a factory reset works, because it clears CTL and ITL.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: