Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom ip 331 soundpoint with CUCM

krobberechts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Is it possible to configure a polycom ip phone directly in callmanager 8.6 and get it registered ? For example as a basic sip phone.

When i read the polycom integration guide there is not much information.

Kind regards,

Kurt

28 Replies 28

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Yes as Polycom supports SIP protocol and Cisco CUCM supports SIP protocol, you can regester it as third party SIP phone in Cisco CUCM.

Procedure of Adding third party phone in CUCM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hello Ronak,

Thx for the response. @cisco side it's indeed easy but on the polycom phone I can't add the authorization id (digest user).

Via cucm sip debug I can see that the phone tries to register but the phone sents request without digest user.

I filled in all the values in the polycom phone as 2000 (same as line number) but digest user stays empty.

Do you have any experience on the polycom phone configuration?

Kind regards,

Kurt

You need Minimum firmware version polycom phone : 4.0.2 (before 4 no digest authentic)

This is the solution.

Kurt

i have a similar problem. Polycom phones of the same version with the same configuration one is working the other is not working. the non working one is not exchanging the digest credentials with the CUCM. All the phones have software versions below 4. there is phone with version 3.1.3 that is working another of the same is not working. there is another phone with software version 3.0.3 is working another with the same version not working.

send me the document you refered to amunagah@Hotmail.com

HTH,

The problem I'm having is that CUCM is configured and the phone works fine but I can't dial extensions. I can call outside and inside numbers using the full number i.e 6104567890 but if I just dial 7890 on the polycom soundpoint ip 331 it says your call can't be completed as dialed. Did I miss somethign? Also this guide does it include how to setup the exention portion of it?

You might be missing appropriate partition/CSS assignment... Did you check device CSS on Polycom phone?

- Vivek

I'm not 100% sure I just used what was already in there. Where can I find this at? Thanks so much for replying. 

Please check on the Device page on which respective Polycom phone is configured. You will get the parameter 'Calling Search Space'. Please ensure this CSS sees the partition where 7890 number resides.

- Vivek

Ok 

Rerouting Calling Search Space has the CSS that my Cisco phone is on.

Subscribe Calling Search Space has <None>

If these are correct how can I tell if the actual number is inside these? I can page this polycom phone fine from one of my Cisco 7945's but I just can't page from the Polycom to anything else. Also will I have to make a new search space?

Check the following;

1. Partition assigned to DN 7890

2. You don't need to check rerouting and subscribe CSS. Please go to Polycom device page (Under Device) and check what value is set under 'Calling Search Space'. Ensure CSS configured here has access to DN 7890 partition.

You need to make new CSS or not depends on your requirement.

- Vivek

Awesome I can dial but one last thing. If I dial 7890 it gives me a beeping noise both when I use speaker or pick up handset. BUT if I wait say 5-10 seconds it then goes through. Whats this? Is it somethign to do with the digitmap on the phone or a setting on CUCM?

If you don't have a answer for above I think it might just have been CUCM syncing settings with the polycom phone because now it does it every time. I moved the CSS to one that was labeled Internal Only

Phone might be taking time to outdial because this is third party SIP phone and it will be having its own inter digit timeout. Please check phone configuration of polycom and shorten the digit time value.

- Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: