Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to lock phone volume/ringtone?

Hello, is it possible to lock the ringtone and volume settings on a specific line on the 79XX series phones? As an example, I would like to add a line used for emergencies only to specific phones but lock the ringtone and volume on it so individual user's local phone settings would not override it.

Thanks,

-J

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeremiah,

CUCM does not have this ability, you may try some third party app or try

https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/home/index.gsp

At best you have the option to define different ringtone for each line using Distinctiveringlist.xml file.

HTH

Manish

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeremiah,

I'll just add this tech note to the tips from my friend Manish (+5)

Q.    How do I prevent the user from changing the ring volume and network   configuration on IP phones?

A. Users are unable to change the ring volume if you disable the Settings       Access parameter on the Phone configuration page. Complete these steps:

1. From the Cisco CallManager Administration page, choose             Device > Phone, and click the phone for which you want to             prevent a ring volume change.
  2. Choose Disabled for the Settings Access parameter             under the Product Specific Configuration section.

When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network       configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When you disable Settings       Access, the Settings button is completely disabled and no options appear when       you press the button. Also, you cannot adjust the ringer volume or save any       volume settings. The option Restricted is available in Cisco CallManager       version 4.1(3) and later. When you change Settings Access to Restricted, you       can only access User Preferences and volume settings. By default, Settings       Access is enabled.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

i have same question, but with difference ip phone series, i have 3905 ip phone series. i already tried to disable Setting Access parameter but button volume in 3905 ip phone series still work. Is there any option to lock buttom volume in 3950 ip phone series ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: