Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre-populating Speed Dials via BAT Templates

Kyle DeLand
Level 1
Level 1

Running CUCM 11.5

I have a couple BAT templates created for different phone types that I use when I add new phones. One thing I noticed doesn't carry over from the template when I create a new phone is the speed dial. I have to have this one particular speed dial on every phone.

Is there a way to have this speed dial populated automatically when I create a phone via template like many of the other settings do? I know it's not a big deal to add the speed dial after creation when I'm adding the DNs, but I was just hoping to save myself a step and eliminate the risk of forgetting to set it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

With BAT Phone Template process that you are using to add new IP Phone, it configures only device configuration parameters and subscription services. It does not configure any DN or Speed Dial related parameters. 

You will have to use Bulk Administration > Phones > Insert Phones method to configure all parameters that you define in Phone Template.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

I did include the speed dial in my template. But it's not populating when I create a new phone based on said template.

Is this an abbreviated dial speed dial or a speed dial button? Does the phone button template in your BAT template include a speed dial button?

It's a speed dial button, and yes it does. It's on a 7821. I'm including some screenshots to visualize my process. I created the template and included the speed dial in it. I then create a phone based on that template. All the other settings I set are there, but the speed dial doesn't.

If you add a speed dial with number 1234 to the template does it work? Wondering if the special characters are causing a problem.

I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately I just tested and replacing it with just 1234 didn't work either.

Interesting. I would open a TAC case. Seems like a bug.

Here are the bug details:

Line settings not retained for Phones added via admin using BAT Template
CSCta86279
Description
Condition :
Phones added via ccmadmin page using a BAT Phone Template is not retaining the Line template settings for the Line added.
Steps to reproduce the defect :
1) Create a Phone Template from Bulk Administration->Phone->Phone Template.
2) Create a Line Template for the Phone Template Created.
3) Add a New phone from Device-> Phone-> Add New phone using BAT Template (Select the radio button for BAT template). Mac address and description values have to be entered, the values for the other device fields are retained from the Phone Template.
4) While adding a New DN for the Phone created , the Line Template Settings of the BAT Template are not retained

WorkAround :
None
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi,

With BAT Phone Template process that you are using to add new IP Phone, it configures only device configuration parameters and subscription services. It does not configure any DN or Speed Dial related parameters. 

You will have to use Bulk Administration > Phones > Insert Phones method to configure all parameters that you define in Phone Template.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that Vaijanath.