Views
Helpful
Replies

preventing agents from using the NewCall softkey

177rahul1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In our project we use CIPC for Incoming calls and we don’t want a “new call” Softkey as sometimes agent is pressing this key and due to this no call is reaching to him.

We are unable to remove this key as it is stating that “Mandatory Softkey -- NewCall (NewCall) cannot be removed”

Is there any way to prevent them from using NewCall Soft Key.

6 Replies 6

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We cannot disable NewCall Softkey.

Hi Mohammed,

I know that because it is giving below with ** sign that it is mandatory. I am asking is there alternate way to prevent the agent to use the SoftKey.

If they claim they hit it accidentally, you could edit the Softkey Template to move the NewCall softkey down the list so it's hidden behind More.

If they do it on purpose to avoid taking calls then that's a user training issue.

Hi Pranjol,

Thanks for your response, but my query is still not resolved. I don't want to see that New call soft key button or that soft key button should be grade out.

Looking forward for solution or any alternative.

Not sure about the 3rd party, but natively, there is NO way to do what you want, you cannot remove or gray out the new call softkey.

The system just cannot do what you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Pointed out by others The New Call Soft Key Cannot Be Removed, If users are pressing it accidentally we can move it down so it is not visible on the Main Screen, so if user want to use that key he/she has to press more key Once/twice and then press New Call.

Hope this way you will be able to resolve the issue with accidental key press.

Thanks

Haris