Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem BLF

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

I have installed and configured cisco unified communication manager v11.

I have configured BLF in cisco ip phones 7861 but it is  not working .

Can you help me please

Best regards

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And what troubleshooting have you done so far??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

here the config that I have in the gateway 

Check below things

1- If the  IP Phone is getting an IP address or not, if it is getting one is it ping-able

2- Check the if the MAC Address and device type in the e-phone config are correct.

3- If above two points are fine, try to reconfigure the ephone config and see that works.

As per the config on router it seems to be fine. Try these steps and see if it helps. Also as Adarsh advised to check the status messages on the phone that might also give you some lead. 

Regards

Abhay Reyal 

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Thanks for you answer

The IP phones do not give any IP address.

TIP phones has been working very well before

Thank you

That is where the issue lies then. Check if the Phones are in correct VLAN. Phones should have an IP Address so as to process the registration request.

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi

Thanks for your answer

The ip phones not gave me any information for vlan and ip address .

Best regards

Give it a manual IP Address and rest of the configuration too. For Ex:- Subnet, TFTP etc. It should get register. Right now at the moment you phone is not getting the IP address and mentioned earlier your phone should have an IP address for registration purpose.

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please check the status messages of the phone to start off your troubleshooting.

It might give you some hint.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi, here the config that I have in the gateway

Hi,

The basic configuration looks fine to me for a sccp phone to register.

As I said, I would suggest you to check the status messages on phone to figure out what exactly is happening in the background.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Thanks for you answer

The IP phones do not give any IP address.

The IP phones has been working very well before

Thank you

sh ephone summary

hairpin_block:
ephone-1[0] Mac:580A.2098.1DFC TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 1*
IP:0.0.0.0* Unknown 0 keepalive 0 music 0

ephone-2[1] Mac:5017.FF76.7E1A TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 2*

ephone-3[2] Mac:5017.FF76.7E9E TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 3*

ephone-4[3] Mac:5017.FF76.7E4A TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 4*

ephone-5[4] Mac:5017.FF76.7E05 TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 5*

ephone-6[5] Mac:5017.FF76.7EC8 TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 6*

ephone-7[6] Mac:5017.FF76.7E2A TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 debug:0 primary_dn: 7*