Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem using phone mask with external forward

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a phone with external phone mask 6906900 and router group match last 4 digits for calling number and i can call outside without any problem

when i press forward to mobile number and call the extension it can't call the mobile because it forward all the calling mask not only the last 4 digits

in H.323 Gateway i have is the last redirect number (External)

The call manager CUCM 6.1

any reason for the problem ?

8 Replies 8

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am not sure whether i understood your issue properly. Please correct me if i am wrong.

You have a IP phone with an external phone no. mask configured to 6906900. When you make direct calls out to a mobile phone, the external phone no. mask is apploed to the Calling party no. but when you configure Call forward all to your mobile phone and you dial the IP phone no. the calling party does not have the external phone no. mask. Correct? What do you mean by "router group match last 4 digits for calling number"?

regards

Nitesh

no, when i call directly it match the last 4 digits as per the calling mask in the route group, but this is not happen when i do forward all to mobile phone it match the whole mask not only the last 4 digits

Is it a bug?

can anyone has UCM 6.1 try this to match only the last 4 digits in Route group and then try to make directly call and check the mask then try to make forward all to any number then check the mask, i am gonna mad what should be the problem

I also don't quite follow, but I'll take a stab.

Can you check your CSS configurations. When you dial direct from the phone the CSS used is a composite of the device-level CSS and the line level CSS (with the line level taking priority). When you are redirecting the call via CFA/CFNA/CFB/etc. then the CSS assigned to those forwarding parameters takes affect.

You may want to use Dialed-Number Analyzer (https://yourcucmpublisher/dna) and analyze the call paths for your phone, your call forwareding CSS's, and any other device (phone or gateway) that you may be using.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

The forwarding CSS is the same CSS of the line and there is no CSS in the device

Disclaimer - if I have misunderstood your problem description then please disregard my response below

I'm going to take a stab at this and say the problem you are having is with your provider rejecting the forwarded calls  with an "unallocated number" response.  The error is being sent in response to the RDNIS being incorrect.  If you are connected to the PSTN via PRI do "debug isdn q931" and perform a test call.  You should see the errors coming from the PSTN.

I usually resolve this by using translations on the outbound dial peers.

Example below:

voice translation-rule 51
rule 1 /^68..$/ /1234567890/

voice translation-profile RedirectFixUp
translate redirect-called 51

An explanation on why it works when making normal calls.  The PSTN will accept the call because your external number mask is working correctly.  This means it is stripping (or adding) the numbers it is supposed to and your PSTN provider accepts the call.  Example - internal extension is 1234 and the full did is 9871234.  You use the external number mask to pre-pend the 987 to the extension (987XXXX).  On outbound calls, your number looks like 9871234 (which is what the provider wants to see so the calls are allowed on their network).

On a forwarded call, the redirecting number is seen in the signaling so the PSTN provider looks at that number and authenticates against it.  If your redirecting number is not properly formatted, the PSTN will reject with the unallocated number response code.  The provider does not care about the new ANI due to the redirecting information element being present (assuming as I can not speak for your provider).

I hope this helps you,

Emilio

Sorry bro, i have little confusion. In short do you want to say that you are able to call ip phone to ip phone but you are not able to call ip phone to you mobile phone, is that correct ? If yes, then check the route pattern for mobile number.

Dears,

Thanks for your reply, but the problem not like you understood,

I can call mobile using external mask 6906900 and match last 4 digits (which is 6900) in the Route Group, but this is not happen when i do forward all from the same phone to mobile phone with the same line CSS it forward the complete calling number not only last 4 digits like direct calls.