Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Call Handler in Unity Connection

feisalb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

My scenario is that I have 5 non geographic number coming into the system (2231, 2232, 2242,2251)

These numbers are forwarded to a hunt pilot 2603.

I want an out of office message played after 5 pm when these numbers are called.

In order to do this I have created a CLOSED time of day partition and assigned it to a newly created cti route point with the same extension of 2603.

Added this CLOSED pt to the appropriate calling search space. The cti route point is forwarding all to VM.

On unity I have created a call handler with extension 2603.

When I ring 2231 it plays the opening greeting rather than the my recording.

If I add a forwarding routing rule with Dialed number = 2231 it plays the correct recording when 2231 is dialed

How do I get the other numbers to do the same because if I add a new condition where dialed number =2232 underneath the 2231 conditon the message is now only played when 2232 is dialed.

Dialing 2231 results in opening greeting

Call flow during the day

Dialed (2231, 2232, 2242,2251) -> fwd to hunt pilot 2603 (internal_pt)

Call flow ooh

Dialed (2231, 2232, 2242,2251) -> fwd to cti rp 2603 (CLOSEDl_pt) --> fwd to Unity Cx.

Attached are some screen shots.

Thanks

Feisal

1 Reply 1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The easiest approach will be to use schedules in unity connection adn not routing rules..

Configure schedules for normal working hours..

The configure a CH with extension 2603..assign it to this schedule...on this call handller enable the closed greetings. Record your message for the closed greetings...

Finally ensure that you use "last number redirect" as your the extension VM will be played for.

This way whenever a call comes into unity connection which will be during OOH and the last redirecting number is the hunt pilot 2603, the closed message will be played..

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts