cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Corporate Directory

John Early
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a unique issue that I need to bounce off the community.  I have already gone through a VAR and TAC and honestly was not happy with the answer so I looking for some validation.  Let me explain the environment, I have a main data center site running Call Manager 8.6, I have an international branch office running Call Manager Express 10.5.  In this remote office I have 2 types of phones, 7940s and 7942s.  

The 7940s are getting their Corporate Directories just fine, the 7942s are not.  I have had my managed services team look into this and couldn't get it working, they escalated to their tier 3 (CCIE) resources, who escalated to TAC, who has escalated to the BU within Cisco.  I was told that the directory feature will not work on a Java based phone and because the 7940 is a non-Java based phone it works, and the 7942 is a Java phone and thats why all newer phones don't work.

Has anyone had issues getting the directories from a main Call Manager 8.6 with a 7940 or 7942 phone that is connected to Call Manager Express 10.5.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Hi John, if remote phones are registered at CUCM Enterprise (CME is in SRST mode) you may try the 3rd party directory solution that works fine on all models - http://aurus5.com/phoneup/directory