cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with UK Locale on CUC 10.5

comms-care
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following problem when changing from the default English (US) to English (UK) system default language in CUC ver 10.5.1-10000-7:

The custom greeting changes from: 'We are now closed, please wait to leave a message',  to: 'sorry SCH XYZ is not available, wait while I transfer your call' The 'wait while I transfer your call' is in US voice.

SCH_XYZ is the name of the system call handler in use. This occurs if I change either the system default language and set the call handler to use system default language, or, if I just set English(UK) on the call handler.

When 'sorry SCH XYZ...' is played it is in the English locale - an UK English voice.

I followed the recommended guides for loading the locale and stopping and starting the 2 critical services.

One other odd thing, if I turn off: use text to speech to read display names when no recording is available - I hear: 'sorry extension 8777, is not available, wait while I transfer your call' This is spoken in UK English.

8777 is the system call handler extension number.

Any help would be gratefully received as I need to get this working asap.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Regarding the first problem, this is due to the fact that you recorded your greetings using US language.

Each language is having its own repository in CUC for saving greetings, recorded names, etc. If you record in US language the greetings will be save in en_US repository while if you record using UK language the greetings will be saved in en_GB.

Now when you change the language CUC will try to locate greetings from the respective repository. Since they are located in en_US, CUC can't find anything in en_GB and therefore playing the default greeting.

Try to record files using UK language or download the wav files when the system is configured for US and upload them when the system is configured for UK.

For second problem, you need to configure a display name for the call handler. Was this your problem?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Regarding the first problem, this is due to the fact that you recorded your greetings using US language.

Each language is having its own repository in CUC for saving greetings, recorded names, etc. If you record in US language the greetings will be save in en_US repository while if you record using UK language the greetings will be saved in en_GB.

Now when you change the language CUC will try to locate greetings from the respective repository. Since they are located in en_US, CUC can't find anything in en_GB and therefore playing the default greeting.

Try to record files using UK language or download the wav files when the system is configured for US and upload them when the system is configured for UK.

For second problem, you need to configure a display name for the call handler. Was this your problem?

Many thanks Mohammed, I'll follow your recommendations and let you know.

A million thanks Mohammed - problem solved!