cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provision CISCO SP-6851 With 3CX

cosv
Level 1
Level 1

As title, I'd like to ask if is there a way to Provision a CISCO SP-6851 With 3CX.

I already made several searches and tries, but without results for now.

(I know that normally it's unsupported but I think it can be done somehow anyway)

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the back of the phone and look at the SKU/PID.  Does it say CP-6851-3PCC-K9?

If not, then this means the phone came with Enterprise image (cheaper cost/price).  

Phones with Enterprise image means, traditionally, require Cisco-branded call manager.  

For those who are not tech-savy, some phones can support non-Cisco branded call manager by way of using a "special" firmware called 3PCC/MPP.  

Enterprise-imaged phones, however, can be converted to 3PCC/MPP (and vice versa) but for a fee.  

1. Convert between Enterprise Firmware and Multiplatform Firmware for Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series
  2. Cisco Cloud Upgrader

It is still possible to use Enterprise-image phone to integrate, with limited functions, to non-Cisco branded call manager.  I will be honest, this option can be very difficult for those who are not tech-savy.  It is possible and can be done, but the initial process will be difficult.  

Here are the options available: 

1. Convert the phone to 3PCC/MPP
  2. Return the phone to the vendor and ask for one with 3PCC/MPP firmware
  3. Return the phone to the vendor and use a different brand
  4. Continue on with Enterprise-image phone

I just checked, and yes, I now noticed that my phones are not 3PCC but CP-6851-3PW-CE-K9

Anyway I don't know which will be firmware differences and if can this conversion solve my problem

I'd like to provision phones to the 3CX PBX

Anyway for the 2. and 3. point, will I get money back if I return back phones?

I received those phones by my ISP, so I don't know if I have to return them to my ISP or to CISCO.

@cosv wrote:

Anyway for the 2. and 3. point, will I get money back if I return back phones?

I received those phones by my ISP, so I don't know if I have to return them to my ISP or to CISCO.

Talk to the ISP and ask them if they can supply phones with 3PCC/MPP or provide different brand of phone.

Just now I'm seeing another thing.

On the phone box label + the phone back, there is CP-6851-3PW-CE-K9 but if I turn on the phone and I go on Settings, Status, Product Name, there's written CP-6851-3PCC, that's different, and on Software Version, there is written sip68xx.11-1-2MPP-351.loads.

How should I proceed?

Sounds like the phone is running 3PCC/MPP firmware. 

Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series Multiplatform Phones User Guide

@Leo Laohoo 

Yeah, they maybe already migrated firmwares.

By the way I already found that guide but I was unable to provision this phone to 3CX.

I wrote to 3CX and they said this model of phone it's not supported by 3CX but I can try anyway at my own risk to force the provisioning in different ways, but I was unable to do it and they didn't help me further.

Since I have 20 Cisco CP-6851 and I'm now stuck I'd like to try anyway this, but I don't know how to proceed at this point.

As B-Option, is there a way to get refunded, also partially, or change all phones with a 3CX Supported Cisco IP Phone Model?

Thanks again.

Hi!

Were you able to configure 3CX on a Cisco CP-6851-3PW-CE-K9 phone?

Thanks.

Nicolo'

Yes, it can be done. 

The phone will "take" a config configured for, say, 7975.