Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN inbound and outbound calls Export CDR/CMR records

shaijal123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have generated 1 month Export CDR/CMR records from CUCM. I wanted to filter PSTN inbound and outbound calls from this data. But I could not find it. is there any way to filter PSTN inbound and outbound calls from Export CDR dump.

I have generated Gateway and Trunk CDR Reports. but still could not filter inbound and outbound calls.

1 Reply 1

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You have to think on path as there are multiple permutation and combination we can use with Excel formula to get the desired results.

- we can classify it as offnet/onnet flag

or

When I look at Cisco CUCM CDR records to determine the direction of the call I will typically look at the calling and the called party numbers and particularly look at the length. This will not always work in every situation but generally internal ext numbers are shorter than the dialed numbers for offnet calls.

If the client uses a 5 digit ext range then you can do the following:

if callingpartynumber.length == 5 and originalcalledpartynumber == 5 (INTERNAL)

if callingpartynumber.length == 5 and originalcalledpartynumber.length > 5 (OUTBOUND)

if callingpartynumber.length > 5 and originalcalledpartynumber.length == 5 (INBOUND)

This will not work in all situations but might generally works.

Regards

Tarun Gaur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: