Replies

Questions about E1 card config.

CATYO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I'm really new at the voice part and also T1, E1

I have one VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 wiht 2901.

And i saw the configuration of this and blow is part of configuration.

card type e1 0 0

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0
network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/1

controller E1 0/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-31
!
controller E1 0/0/1
 pri-group timeslots 1-31

1. card type e1 0 0... what is the subslot meaning?

'e1' is port type and next '0' slot number on the chassis and last '0' is just port number?

2. there are only one port why there are two network-clock-select on different port number?

I don't understand what is E1 0/0/1.   Does  VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1  have one port? how come this 0/0/1 come out?

Thank you in advance and please help me out. !!

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

please refer the link

On the Cisco 2901 router, the numbering format for slots and ports is defined as follows: interface type 0/slot/port. “0” indicates slots that are built into the chassis of a router. On the Cisco 2901 router, all slots begin with “0,” because all slots are built into the chassis. On the Cisco 2911, 2921, 2951, and Cisco 3900 series routers, some slots are built into the chassis and some are external.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/2900/hardware/installation/guide/Hardware_Installation_Guide/Overview.html

for VWIC cards,numbering is as below i.e slot/subslot/port

interface 0/0/ port
interface
0/1/ port
interface
0/2/ port
interface
0/3/ port

regds,

aman

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Question 2: there are only one port why there are two network-clock-select on different port number?

Answer: This is redundancy, the first command will try to be the primary source, and if not avalable will try the second command.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

1. card type e1 0 0... what is the subslot meaning?

'e1' is port type and next '0' slot number on the chassis and last '0' is just port number?

Ans : For the new vwic e1/t1 cards, you could use them as E1 or T1, however you will have to define them every time you use them i.e. in your case it is E1 hence the command  "card type e1 0 0"

On the 2900s there

Module Slots are considered as x out of the first x/y/z

VWIC Slots are considered as y out of the first x/y/z

Port Numbers on a given VWICs are considered as z out of the first x/y/z

2. there are only one port why there are two network-clock-select on different port number?

Ans: Based on your configuration output, it does look like there is a VWIC3-2MFT- T1/E1 card and both the ports are being used for ISDN PRI and if there are two ports, it is natural to have to network-clock-select options

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0
network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/1

controller E1 0/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-31
!
controller E1 0/0/1
 pri-group timeslots 1-31

HTH