Replies

questions on route group

karthik ratna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

MGCP gateway

Route group distribution: Top down

In this type, calls will go to top to down , i.e.., covering all 30 channels in E1 line and passing to another E1 line, is it correct?

If yes, how to change the behaviour to pass a first call to 1E1 line and next call to another E1 line, is their any parameters to change to achive this?

Please guide.

3 Replies 3

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Karthik,

Did you take a look at circular distribution algorithm?

• Top Down—If you choose this distribution  algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to  idle or available members starting from the first idle or available  member of a route group to the last idle or available member.
  • Circular—If you  choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager  distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a route group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco Unified Communications Manager most recently extended a call. If the nth  member is the last member of a route group, Cisco Unified  Communications Manager distributes a call starting from the top of the  route group.
  • HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi,

I think karthik is looking for a load-balancing between E1s. If that is the case you can use: distribution  Algorithm-> Longest Idle Time.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts

Harmit Singh
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

Hi leosalcie,

I think you are referring to hunt group and not route group :-) There is no such option for route groups.

Regards,

Harmit.