Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-order entries under Directories Button

chrismanuh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way to re-order the entries under the "Directories" button on an IP phone registered to callmanager 8?. ie. When the user presses the Directories button on the phone, currently, the system displays in the order:

1. Missed Calls

2. Received Calls

3. Placed Calls

4. Personal Directory

5. Corporate Directory

Our client wants the entries to be listed as follows:

1. Corporate Directory

2. Personal Directory

3. Missed Calls

4. Received Calls

5. Placed Calls

This is what I have tried so far, using AXL, i updated the priority field on the telecasterserver so that Corporate Directory priority is 1, personal directory=2, Missed Calls=3, Received Calls=4 and Placed Calls=5 etc.  After rebooting the phone, Corporate Directory was listed at the 4th position and Personal Directory was at the 5th position but the first 3 did not change as I was expecting. 

My question is, is it even possible to re-order the entries and if so how? One option is to create our own directory xml service and update the enterprise parameter to point to it but this would involve extra cost that the client cannot afford at this point so an out of the box solution would be ideal.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure if you can reorder the Missed Calls, Placed calls and Received calls, but Personal and Corporate Directories can be reordered by deleting the Enteprise Services and rebuilding them in the order yoou want to see. I dont recall if the first 3 are defined as services though, you can check.

HTH,

Chris

We noticied that on a Cisco Ip Communicator, the order is correct: 1. corporate directory, 2. personal, 3. missed, 4. received and 5. placed calls in that order.  but in 7940 or 7912 phone, the order wasn't as expected. My guess is these older phones build their menu differently. 7940 may be grabbing the URL Directories from Enterprising Parameters, and adding the missing/recieved/placed calls automatically. for 7912, it inserts "speed dial" and "directory services". directory services sub menu lists corporate and personal directory.