Helpful
Replies

reach voice mail by calling main number

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i have unity connection with unified messaging 9.1 , i need 

-  caller can call (from mobile) the main phone number for the Connection server to reach his own voice mail inbox , i have read , it can be done by make directory handler , how it will be ?

and there is another way to do it , and how it will be ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

+5 right back at you Rob for correct answer as usually.

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pick a DID

On CUCM Build a CTI Route Point with corresponding extension and set call forward all to go to voicemail

In UCXN build a forwarding routing rule that matches the called number of the above DN and send the call to "Attempt to sign in" conversation.

That's all.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris

thanks for ur reply

i think this ok if i have one user but how can i do this step for 500 users if they want to access thier own voice mail by mobile ? is it the same ?

"  forwarding routing rule that matches the called number of the above DN " ====> the DN  here is the user extension or CTI route point DID ?

thanks and regards

This is for the entire system, the DID you pick is for everyone to dial.

You can even define alternate extension for every user i.e. their cell phone, etc so that when they dial in they are only prompted for PIN instead of user ID (extension) and PIN.

HTH,

Chris

Dear chris

you are meaning  direct rule , not forwarding rule . see this

my question : what is the editing forwarded routing rule condition paramters it will be ?

i have CTI route point # is 5000 , how it will be in unity connection ?

Call Routing Tables

Call routing tables are used to route incoming calls to the operator or to specific users, call handlers, directory handlers, or interview handlers. In addition, call routing tables are used to route users to the user logon conversation.

Cisco Unity Connection has two call routing tables—one for direct calls and one for forwarded calls—that handle calls from users and from outside callers. Each table contains predefined routing rules, and you can create additional rules to route calls as needed. Set up your directory handlers, call handlers, and interview handlers first, and then modify or create call routing rules for each table as needed to route incoming calls correctly.

Direct Rules

Direct rules handle calls from users and outside callers that are dialed directly to Connection. The predefined direct routing rules are:

Attempt Sign-In—Calls from users are routed to the user logon conversation.

Opening Greeting—Calls from outside callers are routed to the Opening Greeting.

Forwarded Rules

Forwarded rules handle calls that are forwarded to Connection from either a user extension or from an extension that is not associated with a user account (such as a conference room). The predefined forwarded routing rules are:

Attempt Forward—All calls forwarded from a user extension are routed to the user greeting.

Opening Greeting—Calls forwarded from an extension that is not associated with a user account are routed to the Opening Greeting.

thanks

No, I mean Forwarding Rule as the call will arrive to UCXN as forwarded via the CTI Route Point.

The routing rule should in fact be directed to "Sign-In" conversation, and the rule condition should be "forwarded station" equals the DN of the CTI RP.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You will need to set the Call Forward All to voicemail on the CTI-RP

DN page for 5000, this will get the call to route to Unity Connection

and CUC will see it as a "forwarded" call thus the "forwarded" routing rules

Then in Unity Connection you will add a "forwarded routing rule" like this for 5000.

Do NOT leave it as the top rule in the list...make sure to move it down the list

after configuring

The rule below is one of my test rules for DN 6777;

Forwarded Routing Rule
Status    
Language

Send Call to

Routing Rule Conditions
Parameter Operator Operand Value
Edit  Dialed Number Equals 6777

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hey Chris,

+5 for your great work here buddy!! You trumped me once again

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

+5 right back at you Rob for correct answer as usually.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: