Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Route Group

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

in my project I have SIP line and 16 analog lines, and two CUCM and two VG. I decided to make SIP trunk for main and 16 analoug for redundant. I created two route groups one for SIP and one for Analog, then I created route list for redundant. But not work properly!

how can I do that?

Thanks for all

Mohammad Saeed

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

What exactly is the issue? Does the call not failover to the second route group when the first route group is unable to route the call? How are you testing the failover?

Manish

when I want to make call didn't use SIP and go to Analog lines, I want SIP lines main and analog lines backup. I removed the sip cable from voice gateway then I couldn't make call.

Hi,

We need more details about the topology.

1. How are the SIP Trunk and Analog Lines connected? Are they connected to same gateway or distributed on two gateways? The preference is to terminate SIP Trunk on one gateway (act as CUBE) and Analog Lines on another gateway (assuming that you have enough slots).

2. Next configure two SIP Trunks. One pointing to CUBE and the other pointing to Analog-GW.

3. Create two RGs for each SIP and assign both t same RL keeping the CUBE RG on top.

Note that RG failover will take place in case of errors on CUCM-CUBE Trunk (e.g. no response to INVITE, 503 Response, unable to establish TCP for SIP, etc). Failures on CUBE-ITSP Trunk or Voice-Ports won't be detected by CUCM by default. Some tweaking is needed.

Here is my scenario,

SIP Line--------> Voice GW1--------->core------>CUCM1

Analog Lines--------> Voice GW2----->core----->CUCM2

Thanks for all

Then follow what I suggested in the previous post