cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding IP Phone conference with 2821 CME..

I have 4 IP Phones 7942 connected with 2821 CME 8.0.  I can not join to conference when multiple calls in particular IP Phone. when i press Join softkey, its display message like" Can not complete conference".. Even i have 7936 conference station, in that i also can't join to multiple calls.

I have one PVDM2-32 & one VWIC T1/E1 card.

& voice port configure as below..

controller E1 0/2/0
framing NO-CRC4
pri-group timeslots 1-31

and show despfarm as below..

Mumbai_CME#show dspfarm all
Dspfarm Profile Configuration

Profile ID = 1, Service = CONFERENCING, Resource ID = 1
Profile Description :
Profile Service Mode : Non Secure
Profile Admin State : DOWN
Profile Operation State : DOWN
Application : SCCP   Status : NOT ASSOCIATED
Resource Provider : FLEX_DSPRM   Status : NONE
Number of Resource Configured : 0
Number of Resource Available : 0
Codec Configuration
Codec : g711ulaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30 , Transcoder: Not Required
Codec : g711alaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30 , Transcoder: Not Required
Codec : g729ar8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60 , Transcoder: Not Required
Codec : g729abr8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60 , Transcoder: Not Required
Codec : g729r8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60 , Transcoder: Not Required
Codec : g729br8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60 , Transcoder: Not Required

Total number of DSPFARM DSP channel(s) 0

Mumbai_CME#

When trying to configure  dspfarm profile for conference,  its displaying maximum sessions as <0-0> & its shutdown.

Can i use conference among internal extension number???\

Plesae suggest ASAP..

Thanks

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The above means your router is not configured correctly. To configure correctly, either study relevant documentation, or engage a reputable consultant or certfied partner.

Plesae suggest ASAP..

Please do not solicit for timely assistance on a freely contributed forum. If you need guaranteed 24/7 support, buy a support contract.

Hi,

I have a contract.. I open it in since morning.. they assigned me case number but still not assigned service request owner.

And.. I have only one PVDM 1-31 in router.. In order to conference, do i need Two PVDM in router???

Actually,

is down.. because of i can not assigning maximum sessions in dspfarm profile for conference..

Do i need to buy one more PVDM card for conference???

Thanks

Sorry, I had not noticed that before. Yes, you either need to reduce voice channels, or add more PVDM resources.

Message was edited by: p.bevilacqua

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

As previously mentioned you can reduce the number of timeslots configured for the E1 in order to free a DSP to provide at least one conferencing session based on G.711 using optimised resources.  You would need to significantly reduce them in order to acheive this, to at least 16 and will provide a single conference session.  The question is can you afford to do this?  You state that you have four IP Phones connected, so a full 30 Channels seem a little excessive for only four phones?

The simplest solution would be to purchase an additional PVDM2, the Cisco 2821 has three PVDM slots, the question is how many sessions you require? as this will determine the size of the PVDM?  In order to provide 30 Channels and at least one 1 conference session you will need at least a PVDM2-16.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

DSP calculator reports that even with just an additional PVDM2-8 is enough for conferencing.

That PVMD reportedly has "half DSP", but evidently can work anyway for the purpose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: