cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registered IP Phone with status unknown in CCM phone list.

png
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CCM 6.1.1b. Recently, some registered phones show unknown status on the phone list, even though they are registered and functional. The phones show registered in the phone configuration but unknown in phone list. What causes this ?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

usually it's related to the RIS service, a simple restart would solve the issue. There were some issues regarding the status shown incorrectly and there are a couple of bugs. one that a search with a lot of results does not show status, and another one that phones on other server does not show status.

i believe both should be fixed on your version

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanx java, your suggestion to restart RIS solved the same kind of issue I have with my CCM 7.1.3 version.

I had all phone, media ressource... displayed in admin web interface as status unknown, IP address unknown... but working

I have 3 CCM clusters with many subscribers running this CCM version for a couple of months but just have just been hit by this issue today... I don't know if the bug mentioned in this discussion is still to be fixed in my running version (hope not) or if it is just a no lucky day

Regards,

Hi All,

i am using System version: 9.1.2.11900-12 and got same problem.

i have multiple sites but this is happening for one site only, other sites phones status shows registered.

please advise,

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a bug related to this, I dont have the bug ID handy, essentailly the status shows unknown when you run a query and multiple phones are returned, when you spcify a query so that only one phone is returned, it shows the correct status.

Chris

Hi Pak,

Just to add a note to the great references from Jaime and Chris (+5 points for you both here :)

Here are two of the bugs;

CSCsl70392 Bug Details

Status & IP not properly associated on Find & List Phone Page

Symptom:

Under Device > Phone the Status and IP address are not properly associated with the correct devices in the list when multiple devices are listed.

Conditions:

CUCM prior to 6.1.1.2104 performing a phone search that returns multiple results.

Workaround:

View the device status on the Phone page, or narrow the search so only a single phone is displayed.

1st Found-In

6.1(1.9901.11)

Fixed-In

6.1(1.9901.52)

7.0(0.39000.33)

6.1(0.39000.19)

6.1(1.2104.1)

CSCsf02001 Bug Details

Multiple phone show unknown status/IP on Phone Device Page

Symptom:

Multiple phones show as unknown status and unknown IP on Phone Device Page even though registered and working Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last Year

Product

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Technology

1st Found-In

6.0(0.9801.148)

Hope this helps!

Rob

5 points for doing the leg work and finding the bug :-)

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: