Views
Helpful
Replies

REGISTERING PHONES IN BRANCH OFFICE

cigalahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have Heas office where I have CUCM 12.X with 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers. Recently we have opened a new Branch office which is connected with High Speed Internet Site to Site. The branch office can ping the head office and all the servers located in it including the CUCM servers.

Can I get this phones registered in the Headoffice ? I have created a DATA VLAN 14 and VOICE VLAN 15 in the branch office.IP Telephony and Phones, Unifi

In my head office My VOICE VLAN IS 8. Any help will be appreciated.

Note: We dont have firewall in my Branch.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

You can register the branches phones in HQ CUCM if you have reachability . Branch  Phones should get the tftp address either through manually or by dhcp option 150  which you configure locally on switch.

Second thing which you should consider is, when configuring routing make sure that you are able to reach both phone and server subnets. Because once call established the media will flow between end points. If there is a reachability issue between the phone subnet you may face one way or audio issue.

What does it mean by internet site to site ?

Response Signature

We use internet connection to make a ipsec tunnel and connected the branches. I have  already given the TFTP server address manually on the phones and but I cannot manually give the operational VLAN ID on the phones.

Both the subnets are reachable.

You need to configure admin VLAN, operational vlan display  the voice  vlan phone received from CDP or manually.

Response Signature