Views
Helpful
Replies

Relay voicemail to different mailbox

Nighthawk68
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I got a request to have voice mails left on a certain generic department voice mailbox to forward a copy to an exchange user account (that does not have an account anywhere in the Cisco phone system) for better visibility. I have tried configured this in both the "message actions" & "notifications devices" sections for the generic department voicemail account with no prevail. I can get this working between 2 normal user accounts in the phone system that have corresponding AD/Exchange accounts but for some reason I cannot with this working for this special request. My skill level is basic in the phone system and have run out of things to try. Hoping someone has something for me to try?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@Nighthawk68 

This should work in the Unity voice mail system.  Make sure your notification device is set to SMTP and it's enabled.  I just tested this with our generic webmaster email account and a new message notification was delivered to my Exchange account as well as the Webmaster mailbox.  Note that the message notification does not include the message.  It's just a notification that a message was left.  We've never been able to get the email with the voice mail message attached for alternate notification devices.

Response Signature

Hi Kathy

I think I got this set up correct. Do you also have the “Message Actions” section configured? If you click EDIT>Message Actions?

Nighthawk68_0-1682693878104.png

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I didn't change any of the message actions @Nighthawk68  but here's a screeshot of my settings:
UnityMessageActionsScreenshot.PNG

Response Signature

Is that your generic webmaster account that you tested with?

Yes @Nighthawk68 .  It's a non-LDAP account that has no services in CUCM or Unity.  The mailbox exists only in Exchange and does not have a user assigned to it.

Response Signature

Thanks.. we are starting to think it may be our smarthost setting which points to an exchange server on a different domain.