Helpful
Replies

Remote Destination Profiles

ejdrijin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to add a Remote Destination profile and it keeps saying:

Add failed. [10109] Remote Destination cannot be added because the Remote Destination Limit set by Administrator for this EndUser account has already been reached/

What is the problem? Is it something that can be done from my side?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check under End User page what is the value set for "Remote Destination Limit" it means below

Remote Destination Limit

Enter the maximum number of phones to which the user is permitted to transfer calls from the desktop phone.

JB

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check under End User page what is the value set for "Remote Destination Limit" it means below

Remote Destination Limit

Enter the maximum number of phones to which the user is permitted to transfer calls from the desktop phone.

JB

Thanks for your help :)

Happy to help.

JB

Hi,

Another question related with these profiles:

Can a Destination Number (Mobile Number) be used in more than one remote destination profile?

Thanks.

Hi,

I tested in my LAB and i was able to do so.

(Rate helpful posts)

JB

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to create a new remote destination with the same number and it is showing the bellow:

Update Failed. One of the required fields on the page has the same value as an entry that already exists in the database.

Is there another way how I can use the same remote destination in 2 different location? Can you kindly guide me?

Thanks.

Can you attach a screenshot where you are doing it.

JB

1) Device --> Device Settings --> Remote Destination Profile

2) Click on the profile name

3) Under Associated Remote Destinations I click on Add a new Remote Destination.

When I click on Add a new Remote Destination it will redirect me to the Remote Destination Configuration. When I write the destination number it says that it already exist in the database, which is true, however I do not know another way.

Thanks.

Are you taking about adding the same number under "Add a new DN" in one RDP

Or are you saying that "Remote Destination Profile Information" you are using the same "Name", if you could elaborate a bit more or attach a small video of what you are doing.

JB

Hi JB,

I am saying that I cannot use the same Remote Destination in 2 different Remote Destination Profile Information.

I have 2 Remote Destination Profiles which I want them to call the same external number.

Hope I made myself clear :)

Thanks.

Above is not possible, what end result are you looking for, can you explain it from user experience perspective.

JB

Thanks.

So I have an internal extension (ex. 9999) to call 2 mobile phones when it is dialed. So someone dials 9999 it rings on MobilePhone1 and MobilePhone2. This is working.

Now I want to create another extension (ex. 1000) and I want it to ring 2 mobile phones, one of the numbers is the same as the one of when calling 9999. So when someone calls 1000 I want them to reach MobilePhone3 and MobilePhone1 (same number as the one in 9999.

Hope I made myself clear.

So i tested a few things in my LAB, what you are trying to is not a straight forward configuration scenario.

1st scenario.

Under

Remote Destination Profile Configuration if you add 1000 on "Add a new DN" it will ring MobilePhone1 but unfortunately it will also ring MobilePhone2.

2nd Scenario

Not sure how scalable this would be.

for 9999 Remote Destination Profile Configuration created a RDP with "Destination Number" for example 8888888 and then translate the same on gateway to the real mobile phone number you want if you are using h323\SIP gateway.

Not sure if i was able to help :-)

(Rate helpful posts)

JB

Did the above help, were you able to find any other workaround.

JB