cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing VG224

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

some ports seem to have gone in the VG224 (still working so i can backup config)

i have been sent a replacment VG

how do i copy all settings to the new device with as little hassle as possible.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VG224 is IOS driven so simply copy the "sh run" config" and apply to the new GW. If you are using SCCP or MGCP protocol to control the ports you will need to change the device name with the new MAC address of the GW in CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

1>     Take a backup of the config: Do a "write mem" --> "copy start flash".

2>     Remove the flash card from the old VG224 and insert it into the new VG224.

3>     Assuming the IOS is the 1st file in the flash, power on the new VG224 and it should pick up the IOS from the flash.

4>     Once the VG224 is up, do a "copy flash start". Specify the filename of the saved config and it should copy it into the startup config.

5>     Reload the VG224 and it should boot up with the config.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VG224 is IOS driven so simply copy the "sh run" config" and apply to the new GW. If you are using SCCP or MGCP protocol to control the ports you will need to change the device name with the new MAC address of the GW in CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

is it enough to just change the MAC and Description

or do i need to add a new device?

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

1>     Take a backup of the config: Do a "write mem" --> "copy start flash".

2>     Remove the flash card from the old VG224 and insert it into the new VG224.

3>     Assuming the IOS is the 1st file in the flash, power on the new VG224 and it should pick up the IOS from the flash.

4>     Once the VG224 is up, do a "copy flash start". Specify the filename of the saved config and it should copy it into the startup config.

5>     Reload the VG224 and it should boot up with the config.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.