cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reroute sip trunk calls internal to hunt pilot

gene
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP trunk to an IVR. I would like to be able to, if all the IVR channels are full or if the IVR down to have the calls reroute to a hunt pilot. I know I could easily reroute it external to a different trunk using route groups and route list but I cant think of a way to rereoute it internal to a hunt pilot. Any help is appreciated.               

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Gene,

I've never tried this before and I'm away from my desk today so I can't test it in the lab, but you could try adding a SIP trunk to Callmanager itself and prefix a few digits in the Route Group configuration so that when the call comes back into CUCM, it can hit a hunt pilot.

Thanks,

Brian

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Gene,

I've never tried this before and I'm away from my desk today so I can't test it in the lab, but you could try adding a SIP trunk to Callmanager itself and prefix a few digits in the Route Group configuration so that when the call comes back into CUCM, it can hit a hunt pilot.

Thanks,

Brian

I had sort of wondered if that may work just never heard of building a sip trunk to yourself. I will give it a shot and post back with the results. Thanks

This did actually work. I had to build a sip trunk for the pub ip and sub ip and them in route groups and add the route groups to the IVR RL. Then just  manipulate the digits. Not sure TAC would support it but it works. Thanks

Good to hear!  I actually work in TAC and wouldn't give you too much hassle with this.  I wish I had a better solution for you, but once CUCM locks onto a Route List, it isn't going to try anything else other than other members of the Route List.  I have a few other ideas, but they would be even worse it terms of completely unsupported by TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: