cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rightfax SR140

parallaxtech
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get full documentation of how to implement the SR140 on a cisco network? I have looked all over the place and cannot find any documentation.

Adam

58 Replies 58

On your H323 gateway under inbound calls do you have enable inbound faststart?

And when you say outbound dialing do you mean outbound to your extension or outbound fax's are transmitting fine?

I have tried it with and without inbound faststart. I can dial 10 digit and internally to my number. I receive the fax tone when I answer it.

So it sounds like a gateway issue. Can you do a show mgcp and attach it.

Sure, Here is a snippet:

I am using a H.323 Gateway on a 2811.

!

voice-card 0

no dspfarm

!

!

!

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

h323

!

!

!

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

!

!

!

voice class h323 1

!

!

!

!

!

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /55555/

!

!

voice translation-profile INBOUND

translate called 1

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 10.7.30.103 255.255.255.0

duplex auto

speed auto

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.7.30.103

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

no ip address

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

!

ip forward-protocol nd

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.7.30.50

!

ip http server

no ip http secure-server

!

!

!

!

control-plane

!

!

!

voice-port 0/0/0:23

!

voice-port 0/2/0

translation-profile incoming INBOUND

!

voice-port 0/2/1

!

voice-port 0/2/2

!

voice-port 0/2/3

!

!

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern .....

session target ipv4:10.7.30.100

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax-relay ecm disable

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 8[2-9]......

port 0/2/0

forward-digits 7

!

For some bonding calls through the H.323/H.320 gateway, the gateway requires a longer time to exchange the H.323 TCS message. If the time required is greater than the timer setting for several Cisco CallManager service parameters, Cisco Unified CallManager will drop the call.

If the default Cisco Unified CallManager gateway timer values appears to be too short, Cisco Unified CallManager drops the call before completion of the call connection. Cisco recommends increasing the following service parameter timers values to avoid call failure.

•H245TCSTimeout=25

clusterwide parameters (Device - H323)

•Media Exchange Interface CapabilityTimer=25 clusterwide parameters (service)

•Media Exchange Timer=25

clusterwide parameters (service)

I tried changing these parameters, but I get the same result

Just an update. We just found out that CCM 5.1 and Captaris isn't supported with the H323 gateway setup. CCM 6.X is supported and will work. I plan on upgrading a site mid next week and seeing if this is the cause.

ok, here is what I have found. I was using RightFax 9.3 FP2 SR6. I tried the BrookTrout test utility and it worked! I then realized that the .dll and .exe versions were slightly different, so I renamed the old ones in the DocTransport and system32 directories, copied over the newer ones from the FD54 directory and tested successfully. The key files were the bostsrv.exe, bostsrv.dll, bostdlld.dll and brkth323.dll.

Another thing that I found was that there are preferred settings that I couldn't find documented anywhere.

Within the BrookTrout Configuration, Click BT Call Parameters and the Advanced. Disable the V.34 options (3 of them). Change the "Number of Cycles Before Failure" to 3. Then go to the H.323 IP Parameters and expand the Advances section. Set h323_FastStart to 0, h323_H245Stage to 3 and h323_h245Tunneling to 0. Then go to the T.38 Tab. Make sure the Media Renegotiate Inbound to 4000 and Outbound to -1.

Thanks for that. I had the H.323 IP parameters all set correctly. But I had all the V.34 options enabled and the Number of Cycles Before Failure to 1.

I wonder if that is why we were getting so many transmission errors on incoming fax's.

that's possible. It will be interesting to see if you get a better success rate. It would be nice if Cisco had better documentation for using the SR140.

I completely agree with that.

Currently we have a 7% error rate with inbound faxes. I will give an update in a couple of weeks and see if it goes down.

Thanks again for info.

Hi all,

Someone said it is not supported to integrate Rightfax via H323 to CCM 5.1.

Is it really unsupported?

I'm trying to setup Rightfax 9.4 as an H323 gw in a CCM 5.1.2 but It seems through wireshark that Rightfax is not transmiting any RTP packets(although it recieves)

That is correct. I had a problem at a site setting this up and both Cisco and Captaris confirmed that it's not supported. Not exactly sure why not.

How could you able do that, Am not able to make FAx server directly talk to Cisco voice gateway.

I had added a h.323 client in CCM with the IP of fax server then it started working. else its not our problem its wth the SR 140