cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rightfax SR140

parallaxtech
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get full documentation of how to implement the SR140 on a cisco network? I have looked all over the place and cannot find any documentation.

Adam

58 Replies 58

Ok. I opened a Service Request with Captaris. When I try and send a fax from my standard Rightfax installation to the SR140 I get a busy signal.

Captaris says that all of my settings are correct on the RightFax side of things. They looked at a Wireshark packet. "The error that I am seeing being reported from the CCM is 'Rel Cause (41):Temporary failure'."

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your quick response. I have been to both of those sites and read those docs. I have everything installed but I am trying to figure out how to route the info from the pstn to the RF server. I have a 2811 ISR and CCM 4.2.

Why is CallManager required in this mix. Can we not simply pin up and H.323 trunk between the 2811 and the SR140?

Why do I ask..well, I have a Customer w/ some inbound fax failing and I'm not sure what the Gateway config should look like.

Yes if you have a H323 gateway then you dont have to go through call manager to make inbound or receive fax calls. just dial peers pointing back to the right fax server extensions will accomplish this for you.

Mc

Does anyone know if the Cisco 2811 is FOIP ready out of the box or do I need to purchase a special module?

I have a Customer where this is setup, however, faxes are not completing properly. I am seeing many "fcs-BAD" messages on a wireshark capture.

WARNING: received t38:v29-9600:HDLC:fcs-BAD

I assume you got this working. If not please let me know. I can assist you with getting this to work.

Matt, I am attempting to install this same setup that you recommended. I created a new H323 Gateway in CCM and created the H323 default gateway on the RF server. My question is what port should I specify to use on the RF server? Right now it's just set at 1.

Also I set it up as an extension in the route pattern. So when I call that extension from an internal phone, RightFax picks up and i hear silence. Doesn't hang up or anything. Just said connected. But when I try dialing the actual fax number from a phone it rings 3 times then goes to a fast busy. I thought that usually that's a codec issue. But I checked them and they are all using G711.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I have cisco 2811 as my gateway with 1 PRI E1 out of which i terminated 1 DID line on SR140, i configured as below, but still things wont work..am not able to see any thing on Rightfax utility..i wonder if the call is hitting the Rightfax server , when i dial it says connected and then disconnects after 9 seconds, But when i configure in CCM as a h.323 client in device option..i can see answering call..in rightfax server.Plz help with

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

h323

dial-peer voice 201 voip

description " Right Fax dial-peer with 1 DID Number "

destination-pattern 4477

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

codec g711alaw

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

sridhar I have gotten this to work. Please e-mail me and I will let you know what I did to fix this.

sridhar_awari@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance

I am having the same issue. Would you be able to send out some info on how you fixed it? I can get it to work w/o using a ccm, but I get the fast busy when routing through ccm

1. Add new H323 Gateway to CCM. Please see screenshot of gateway setup.

2. Configure a Route Pattern that associates back to H323 Gateway. Please see screenshot of Route Pattern setup.

3. Make sure you are using G711 as your codec. This can be found under System -> Region.

4. Make sure your partitions are setup correctly so they can talk to each other.

5. I setup the DID as a Directory Number and then put the Route Pattern code in the Call Forward All spot and don't forget to put a CSS for the Call Forward All.

Things to do on RightFax side.

1. Setup your RightFax server as H323 and then point it back to the Publisher. Please see screenshot of config.

2. Setup a test user in RightFax and under inbound routing, their routing code should be the same as what your put in the route pattern in CCM. So for me all my users have extension 9000-9999 associated with them in RightFax.

3. Then from a phone just dial that person's extension and check and see if the RightFax server picks up the call or attempts to. If it does that you know CCM is routing calls to RightFax.

4. Another test you can do is from the RightFax server act like your sending a new fax and for the fax number put in your extension and see if it dials you. When you pick up you should here a fax beep.

If you can't dial into and get a fax tone nor dial your extension from a new fax and have it complete I would install wireshark on RightFax server and attempt the fax again to your phone while running wireshark.

Please post your results. Once you get it working through CCM then we can troubleshoot the gateway if that is still having issues.

This is pretty similar to what I have. I can see the RightFax server attempt to answer the call, but then I get a fast busy. Outbound dialing works fine.